Does Any Other EBD Do this? I MUST know

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Ok, so if I am say standing in the driveway talking with a neighbor and Joey sees me through the storm door she starts barking and will not stop. If I am mowing and she sees me, same thing. Left alone in the house while I run errands she is great BUT if she can see me and she is NOT with me she goes bonkers.........

Anybody else?

I hope it's not just Joey.....LOL

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] OMG thank you!! I'm happy to hear that!! It's like if you are in eye sight you NEED to let her be with you. REALLY glad that it's not just Joey!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My two will just sit at the door and stare at me..... massive side-eye :stinkeye: BUT, when I walk in the door, all heck breaks loose and they run circles and beg of attention. :blink:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Good to know!! Thanks! Do any of yours bark? Like I REALLY WANT SOMETHING bark?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama Good to know!! Thanks! Do any of yours bark? Like I REALLY WANT SOMETHING bark?

Our two now, Lambeau and Cheli... no not really. Banks, however, BARKED at everything and anything... she was very mouthy, barking, grumbling, whining... but, when outside, she did the same -- just stare at me like, what the heck are you doing out there and will I get something when you come in. She did not fuss when I cam e in though... she just walk away from the door.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Our two now, Lambeau and Cheli... no not really. Banks, however, BARKED at everything and anything... she was very mouthy, barking, grumbling, whining... but, when outside, she did the same -- just stare at me like, what the heck are you doing out there and will I get something when you come in. She did not fuss when I cam e in though... she just walk away from the door.

It's so funny how the personality differences arise. Love to hear the different traits from the EB owners here. Thanks!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's so funny how the personality differences arise. Love to hear the different traits from the EB owners here. Thanks!!

Even more different was Nitschke, our first bulldog. He could be outside with us without leash and he would just sit or stand right next to us or lay on the porch and watch what we were doing... no fuss, no barking, no walking away.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Even more different was Nitschke, our first bulldog. He could be outside with us without leash and he would just sit or stand right next to us or lay on the porch and watch what we were doing... no fuss, no barking, no walking away.

Wow, really? I would LOVE if I could do that with Joey someday. She will be a year old May 31st so maybe too young to expect that. She loves the kids across the street so given the chance she would BOLT!! We live in a small development, very dog friendly but still traffic. So I have gates for the garage so she can be in there with me safely and for the front porch.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Mine do the same, if they see me outside and they aren't there with me, the barking is incessant. This is if i'm outside, in the garage, in another room.....They have to be with me at all times.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Frith does not like to be away from me. She will demand to go outside if I do, but not quite the same on the way back in. She wants to have her cake and eat it too in a manner of speaking. However, when it is her nap time, she will pester me relentlessly, until I drop everything and sit on the couch. She will then fall asleep, and I can go back to what I was doing.:w00t:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] YES SAME !!!!! I new to being a bully Mom.....wondering.....EBD trait to be SUCH A SOCIAL BEING?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15635]Frith[/MENTION] OMG AGAIN!!! Same !!! OK this is too funny!!!! Must be EBD traits.....right??

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
, when it is her nap time, she will pester me relentlessly, until I drop everything and sit on the couch. She will then fall asleep, and I can go back to what I was doing.:w00t:

LOL --- Lambeau does this to me, he needs to cuddle for naps and will come lay on my feet if I do not go sit down

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
[MENTION=15635]Frith[/MENTION] OMG AGAIN!!! Same !!! OK this is too funny!!!! Must be EBD traits.....right??

I think it must be. Funny, other dogs have traits like...labs chew, chihuahuas bark, st. Bernards drool....EBDs apparently are adamant about nap times

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.