USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
3ff52421006f0121cb13554338439cd8.jpg
5e4d8cc2d2dc012aba817798c8c66fac.jpg
4448600b97071f9ec85f88119c2197e0.jpg
96e803fad1a471e9ae0f3f9b2dd930ba.jpg
f4ba6d85ca260d25394d65b9d81456aa.jpg

It's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...
Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world.
I've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his system.
His chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop.
He loves walks (or riding in his stroller if we are going super far), riding in the car, getting bubble baths, finding a ray of sunshine to nap in, chewing his nylabone, tunneling through a snowdrift... He is such a joy and I'm grateful for everyday we have his sweet soul to bless our lives.
I baked him a birthday cake for tomorrow-
Gluten free peanut butter banana bacon... It turned out awesome.

2 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix
3/4 cup powdered peanut butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 mashed bananas
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups almond milk
6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled - I used applegate farms

Mix thoroughly in mixer - grease 9x13 baking pan with coconut oil - spread batter in pan - bake at 375 for 35 minutes - freeze what you won't use in a week.

Love to you all
Sarah

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi stranger!!! Good to see you back and great that Schultz is doing so well. He looks fabulous and very happy

Happy birthday handsome [emoji322][emoji322][emoji252][emoji324][emoji324]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
He doesn't look a day over 5. Happy Birthday Schultz!

And Tell us more about these essential oils please!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] wow nice to see that breed at 10 yrs young! Happy birthday :birthday6::cake3:

Can I ask you what is the essential oil blend you use? I use essential oils daily for myself and in my diffuser every single day. Big believer in oils. I also home cook. Just making sure to give Nyala a good start since she's still a pup.

Thank you :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION]

Every day I use essential oils im a firm believer in oils. For ear infection there must be at least, eucalyptus, tea tree and maybe lavender.

Or/and also can be more. Hope Sarah answers im curious now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear health.

Spray on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in ears.

In a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae
Fractionated Coconut Oil to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full
Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infections

If ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] Thank you for the essential oil recipe, like [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I'm a big user of essential oils.

Sgt. Schultz!!! Happy Happy Birthday you sweet thing!!! I does my heart good to see a 10 year old EBD. He is absolutely beautiful!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww Happy Birthday Schultz!!! He looks fantastic, and you are doing a great job mom… I wish you both the very BEST!!!

:pupbirthday::birthday5:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel and Bentley wishing you a Happy 10th Birthday Sergeant (SGT) Schultz. We wish you many more to come.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear health.

Spray on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in ears.

In a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae
Fractionated Coconut Oil to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full
Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infections

If ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Thanks for the ingredients. Im sure you know but for others make sure it's pure essential oils. 99% of the time you should have a bin# on the bottle that's for recalls. Ive never seen recalls in oils but you do have the so call words as "pure, 100%, organic" and they are not! If you see bottle is cheap in price that's another way to know it's not pure. Here's a link you can read more on for the ones not sure what to buy. There are other good links too. Do your homework guys read, read, read!!!

Essential Oils, Pure Therapeutic Grade - Our Complete List

Again thank you Sarah

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Happy birthday, but from the sounds of it, he has always been a ten!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] Thank you for the essential oil recipe, like [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I'm a big user of essential oils.

Sgt. Schultz!!! Happy Happy Birthday you sweet thing!!! I does my heart good to see a 10 year old EBD. He is absolutely beautiful!!!

Ive been using for a while and did a lot of research. I have my aromatherapist from UK and she taught me alot about oils. UK are very well known for their oils. But nowadays you can also get the good stuff online. I have breathing issues since ive moved to Alberta as it's an extremely dry province. My nose is always blocked, I wakeup every 2-3 hrs cause of dryness. Yes humidifier or not I toss n turn tiil I got that diffuser. My therapist made me a blend to put in the diffuser which I also use for Nyala. Works absolutely great! I even do blends for my little pains if I over did it in exercising or pulled something cause I dont know when to stop. Lolll So yes I believe in them and works great.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:judges::pupbirthday::birthday6:Sgt. Schultz You are a very handsome boy! You don't look a day over 5! Keep on keepin' on you handsome sweet fella'!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Happy Birthday Schultz!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.