What is the sz of your EB- not wieght but measurements

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
So Penny was a rescue; she is big but doesn't look like an OEB. The vets say nope she is just a big English bulldog. I don't think we noticed how big until we got Bristol and she didn't grow to the size we expected. The vets took blood test when we first had her evaluated for the soft palate and everything was fine with her blood levels,pancreas, kidneys and endocrine system. They said she was very small but in perfect proportions. She falls in AKC standards for height just barely, where technically Penny doesn't she's too tall. But the AKC standards don't say much about length.
My 17 year loves this dog, technically she is his even though I feed her and love on her during the day while he is at school, when we picked her up from the vet she rounded the corner at the checkout desk and saw me and picked up her step so happy to see me, but then she saw him and almost turned it into a run so she could give a little jump and a hug. They have an amazing bond. But all her medical issues have him scared to ever own another one. I told him just pick the biggest one of the litter, make sure shes got great nares and get pet insurance!
I know these beautiful creatures come in all shapes and sizes but I am looking for an average for height and length. We didn't get the runt she was right in the middle of the litter when we chose her.
She will be 1 in 3 weeks and all the vets concur at this point she will broaden but she is most likely done growing in height and length.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Curly is huge in comparison to other English Bulldogs. We took him to a meet up and he definitely towered all of the other EBs there. I would say he is about 30 inches long and his head comes up above my knee (I'm 5'6)

I don't really have a good picture of him to do a size comparison. He's 72 lbs and definitely on the larger side of EBs (He is AKC)

ff6f3fbe03319be34a8869ac50f62aa4.jpg

283e4d0b90ee704eb2f20e1c14387dbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pennyblossom

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
He is adorable-OK so Penny doesn't look so big anymore :)
Penny is 62 lbs 20 inches tall to her neck just above her withers and 22 inches long being big and having a longer snout she has no breathing issues, but horrible seasonal flank alopecia. We are going to see a dermatologist just to clarify as it got worse when we moved to this house and didn't grow back as it normally does so I suspect she is allergic to a tree or bush or something on this property.
Here is Penny although she was sitting because she wanted a treat you can sort of see her size.
IMG_0677.JPG
Bristol is 14 inches tall and 15 inches long and 34 lbs at 11 months she has shown no signs of skin issues (she did get tear stains while in the hospital) but well she has had aspiration pneumonia twice and had to have her nares and palate done. She is a smushy face Penny not so much.
Bristol my little peanut she seems almost the size of a giant French bulldog rather then an English
IMG_0678.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    609.6 KB · Views: 118

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Your babies are so cute!!

Yes, curly is quite a big guy. He was not the biggest in the litter either - right in the middle. His mom was 55lbs and dad was 65lb. We didn't think he would end up as big as he did! Our neighbor has a white EB and she is only 30 lbs so it's quite funny to see them together

Our frenchie mix has skin allergy problems and coconut oil has helped with the hair loss. We learned through allergy testing that he is allergic to cats - when we moved to LA a few years back he lost all his hair. The apartment we were in was fully carpeted and we found out the previous renters had several cats and the landlord never changed the carpets. We have since moved and he has improved.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Many here have bullies at Bristol size..... [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] and [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

My female, Banks was like Penny...taller and broad weighting 60-63 lbs. both my males were average and compact... Nitchke never went over 56lbs and so far, Lambeau is holding at 53lbs he is currently 19 mths. Height-- don't have exacts on my first two, but Banks was about 2 inches taller than Nitchke and Lambeau well--- Cheli is beating him up right now so I'll try later

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Frith's sire was 75 pounds and very stout/wide. She has his build, but is 45 pounds at 8 1/2 months. Her mom was 55 pounds. From the photos on this site--I think bull dogs come in all sizes and shapes. The breeder we got Frith from lost one many years ago to drowning, but here I saw that there are some who like to swim. I think they are like people and it all just depends.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Curly is huge in comparison to other English Bulldogs. We took him to a meet up and he definitely towered all of the other EBs there. I would say he is about 30 inches long and his head comes up above my knee (I'm 5'6)

I don't really have a good picture of him to do a size comparison. He's 72 lbs and definitely on the larger side of EBs (He is AKC)

Curly is HUGE and very handsome. He has a great face.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.