Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Not a problem or anything just very happy that one of George's puppy pictures made it as the cover photo for the Facebook page of All Bull Breeds and Fur Real Friends.
He seems to have perked up in the last 30 mins that's about 24 hours after his tail amputation he hasn't peed yet though but the vet said it is ok and he's seeing him again in the morning anyway. The wound is looking good and he's eating well and hasn't been sick :pray: hopefully now he will be able to live in peace without constant infection in there.
image.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I LOVE that picture! Congrats to you and George!

So happy to hear the amputation went well and he is progressing nicely --- please keep us posted on how his check up goes tomorrow!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OMG that photo has to be the cutest EVER !!!! Love you George!!!! Joey and I send get well wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
George is a star-tail or no tail! You go, George! Love your cover photo. Heal well, soon.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
George is doing great the wound is healing so fast I can't believe it. His check up went great and he will be having his stitches out this at the weekend. He seems to still want to itch it but I reckon that's more to do with the stitches and healing than anything still being wrong with him. I'm truly hoping he is out the other side of this now. Oh the vet said he needs to loose 7kg that's about 14lbs �� He won't be happy about that at all.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great news, give George extra love from me <3

Such an adorable pic, thank you for sharing.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Loads of Kisses and Love To George, Congratulations George, You Did Wonderful.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
George is doing great the wound is healing so fast I can't believe it. His check up went great and he will be having his stitches out this at the weekend. He seems to still want to itch it but I reckon that's more to do with the stitches and healing than anything still being wrong with him. I'm truly hoping he is out the other side of this now. Oh the vet said he needs to loose 7kg that's about 14lbs &#55357;&#56852; He won't be happy about that at all.

Great news on the progress! As for the weight loss, we had to do this once, and we substituted green beans for kibble., So, if you are feeding 1 cup of food per meal, give 3/4 kibble and 1/4 green beans till down to desired weight and then be sure to only feed 1 level cup of kibble 2x a day and it should stay off.... be sure to limit treats too

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Great news on the progress! As for the weight loss, we had to do this once, and we substituted green beans for kibble., So, if you are feeding 1 cup of food per meal, give 3/4 kibble and 1/4 green beans till down to desired weight and then be sure to only feed 1 level cup of kibble 2x a day and it should stay off.... be sure to limit treats too
It's harder with raw I think as it looks like a lot less than kibble in a bowl at the best of times but he is getting plenty of green leafy veg to substitute, and we are doing 2 walks a day when it's cool.
Yeah he's doing great thank goodness.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
By George what a wonderful picture! Hope he continues to heal quickly :)

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
George had his stitches out yesterday and his wound flushed it is all looking good and he just has to go back next week to have it flushed again and checked then he should be fine I hope. He still has a small pocket but it's barely the size of the tip of a finger so shouldn't cause any trouble the vet just couldn't take anymore away he would have liked to close it up but it wasn't possible. Thank you all so much for the support.image.jpeg oh and he hasn't managed to shed an oz and he's on a lot less food and we walk him every day sometimes twice &#55357;&#56881;

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
George had his stitches out yesterday and his wound flushed it is all looking good and he just has to go back next week to have it flushed again and checked then he should be fine I hope. He still has a small pocket but it's barely the size of the tip of a finger so shouldn't cause any trouble the vet just couldn't take anymore away he would have liked to close it up but it wasn't possible. Thank you all so much for the support.View attachment 98324 oh and he hasn't managed to shed an oz and he's on a lot less food and we walk him every day sometimes twice &#55357;&#56881;

Hi ya handsome! So good yo hear all is going well!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online