Do not use Frontline

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thank you for the info!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thanks for the info!! I used this once on my cat and she got the worst chemical burn right between her shoulder blades where I had applied it. I never even thought about using it again.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I used it for years, but I stopped buying it when I came on board at EBN. Thank GOD for this forum and all the info!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks for the info!! I used this once on my cat and she got the worst chemical burn right between her shoulder blades where I had applied it. I never even thought about using it again.

My adult cat, Coco, barely survived her one & only dose of Frontline!

On death's door for almost a week, the Vet couldn't do much for her,
they either survive or not, there's no antidote.

Never used it on any of my animals before or after!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
i did buy frontline and applied it in the early going. Since I keep an eye on Harvey. I have not applied this thing since he was like 4 mos. old.

Thanks for the info.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I have never used it, and now never will!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I've used frontline since I got my babies. Every other month over the winter. They've never had any reactions to it. Now I'm reconsidering.
A friend of mine uses Revolution for her GSD. Anyone have experience with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Oh no, I've used it on my dogs a couple of times... I have to admit I only treat the dogs with flea stuff when I see fleas on them so they don't get treated very often:eek:

I've used Frontline, Frontline Plus and Revolution, none has had any side effects thankfully. I'll not use Frontline again though, not taking chances.

I did use a tick and flea collar once, two of the dogs lost control over their bladder after just a couple of hours use. Took it off immediately and showered them and the symptoms went away:whew:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks - interesting - Castor used it once and got his first ear infection soon after. We have not used it since, and we wondered if there was a connection.

Last year he took Bravecto and we'll probably give him that this year too. No side effects and no ticks at all. I've been thinking of trying an amber necklace but not sure if it is as good. We have lots of ticks here carrying really nasty diseases and I'm not only worried about Castor but that he will bring ticks to us.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I live in a high tick area. I don't think going without is an option for me. Any recommendations on what to use? I use Adantix II.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We use Vectra 3D without any problems

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
We use Vectra 3D without any problems

I also use Vectra. I used Bravecto once, but it made Bella vomit, so I'm done with orals. I'm sticking with Vectra. I've used Frontline with my previous dog, and I had no issues, thankfully. I'll never use that stuff again. Thank you, David!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online