ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Sorry you are having this problem. I agree with @brutus77, great advice. When you see the first sign, yell out NO, or KNOCK IT OFF!!!! Stand up and get in from of him if you have too. Stopping it before it starts is key. Hopefully he will finally get it and stop this behavior. Plus since he was recently neutered his hormones are going crazy and will so for a few months.

I agree about the hormones, David. While it may have been a problem before the surgery, both the hormones and the discomfort from the surgery are probably making him a little more short-tempered.

I used to train our giant breed puppies to know that I was alpha. As our breeder said to me, "When they act aggressive, knock them on their butts." I used to hold the dogs in a down until they knew that struggling didn't work against me. I had to do that because once they reached their full 145 pounds I would never have been able to even get their attention. Norton was easy. Trixie took longer. She would grumble, but she listened to me when I needed her to stop what she was doing. Thank goodness Mabel is so easy!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
When we adopted Joey and Frasier they were both intact... they were "sold" as a breeding couple, health issues and all included:down: anyway... we fixed them both after we got them home and shortly after that Frasier started to attack Joey for no reason. So like others have said, it might be his hormones playing a big role in that happening right now:(

Send your "brats";) to me, here in Africa we don't float around on a banana peel, lol.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We've had issues with Vegas and Orion since Orion was 4 months old. She always instigated it. Bossy little thing. 6 years later and she still starts them. We never went the route of behaviorist or trainers. But we did find that Prozac is helping a lot. It amazes me how many less fights she has started since Christmas. Santa did good bringing her Prozac.

I was worried it would change her spirit and change her personality. Nope. She is still the wacky little girl she's always been. Just better equipped to handle her aggression.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We've had issues with Vegas and Orion since Orion was 4 months old. She always instigated it. Bossy little thing. 6 years later and she still starts them. We never went the route of behaviorist or trainers. But we did find that Prozac is helping a lot. It amazes me how many less fights she has started since Christmas. Santa did good bringing her Prozac.

I was worried it would change her spirit and change her personality. Nope. She is still the wacky little girl she's always been. Just better equipped to handle her aggression.

Well we may go the medicine route if things don't improve… we are just trying to find the cause, and if there is no medical reason then it's just him :(

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online