oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I found it odd that this topic would come up today as this little guy, Cody, had surgery this AM to remove a ball and squeaker. The ball was ingested a few days ago...the squeaker, who knows.
He's recovering well and will have a new home in no time...one that will NOT allow toys that can be consumed...or maybe no toys at all.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh No Chip, I'm so sorry you went through this with Cody. I've been lucky enough to dodge the surgery bullet so far, with Dozer and his sock swallowing. He has luckily been able to pass them each time. Thank Goodness. It's great that you were able to recognize the signs and get him to the vet, and I'm so glad that he had a successful surgery, and is on the mend.
Pit is so scary when this happens, and it can happen so quickly. I learned very early on, that my guys can't have anything soft. When I first brought them home, I bought these beautiful pillows from HomeSense, and two soft microfibre blankets for their crates. They chewed the pillows and tried to eat the blankets, so they sleep on the plastic trays in their crates. I feel bad for them, because it doesn't loom comfortable for them, but it is safer. They can't have any soft toys like stuffed animals, they will new them and eat the stuffing in less than 5 minutes, they chewed and ate tennis balls, so no soft balls either. The only toys that I give them are the Kong toys and Balls, or the JWow toys. They have had their Kong Balls and Tires for more than 3 years and haven't chewed through them yet.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] So happy that you were quick enough to take the boy in.These bullies are the worst I've ever dealt with,as far as swallowing things! Glad your boy is going to be okay.Thanks to your quick thinking!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW..... so glad he is OK and hope he has a quick recovery!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh how scary lucky you acted fast so glad he doing fine now

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gosh I'm SO sorry… Willow is constantly putting things in her mouth, and I'm at my wit's end w/it. I hope your boy makes a full recovery and comes home soon!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So glad everything worked out and Cody is on the mend.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online