Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the biggest thing your dog has swallowed and did it pass?

Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What's the biggest thing your dog has swallowed and did it pass?

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Oh yeah...almost forgot...
    Zoey, at 3 yrs old, was dropped off at a Vet practice with orders to put here down. Supposedly she had been throwing up and passing only "soft serve" stools for several weeks. Owners stated that she had bad knees too. The Vet asked them if they would surrender to rescue. Enter OTR and now my wife, Sandy. She had the vet do a barium study on her digestive tract which came back unremarkable. Vet had no easy answer to her condition and Zoey was very weak and thin and did have a bad set of rear wheels...but not knees, t'was hip dispalsia.

Sandy took her home and decided to give her a few days and see what happens before making the decision to test more or put her down. The next morning Zoey was outside trying to poop with Sandy watching closely. She, Zoey, would assume the position and then take a few steps and then assume poop position again...perhaps 10 times this went on.
    Finally, Sandy notices something protruding from Zoey's backsides. She grabbed her car keys(in case of emergency) and a few paper towels and gets ahold of the foreign object making its way out. Slowly and patiently she gives gentle pressure to what turned out to be a 2' long piece of 1/2" rope. WTH?! A few days later Zoey is gaining weight and a couple of months after that she has bilateral FHO surgery. Two months after that I adopt her. Nine months after that I marry Sandy.
    Win, win, win, win...

Some people are just so undeserving of having a bulldog. I'm glad you stepped in.

2. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)

I learned his ball size limit yesterday when he almost choked on a ball. 2.5" is too small, I should have gone by my gut but I got it on Amazon. Next time I will know better; he is fine and it is going back. I'm so glad we are so vigilant with new toys. He was fine with it for about 2 weeks.

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KimDe View Post
    I learned his ball size limit yesterday when he almost choked on a ball. 2.5" is too small, I should have gone by my gut but I got it on Amazon. Next time I will know better; he is fine and it is going back. I'm so glad we are so vigilant with new toys. He was fine with it for about 2 weeks.
    the most durable ball we've given has been a Lacrosse ball. Over 3" and super tough.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Mabel has never swallowed anything she shouldn't, but I had a boxer who ate an entire box of fluorescent crayons. We had brightly-colored rainbows in our yard for about a week.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

6. Likes 2BullyMama, Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    Mandy
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Betty
    Likes (Received)

I'm terrified of Betty swallowing something she shouldn't. She swallowed one of those small ankle socks when we first got her, but luckily she puked it up and was fine (we didn't even realise she had swallowed it until it came back up!). Now all socks are on lock down!
    ~Mom to Betty since 02/02/2016~
    Follow Betty the Bulldog on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/betty.the.bully/

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I always make sure there are no "eatables" within reach. One day Maude threw up a winter glove, and I have no clue where she found it/didn't even know she swallowed it! That was a lucky day! Bad Mommy!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

10. Likes ChrisRN, 2BullyMama, TyTysmom liked this post
    Real Name
    Whitney Chiang
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Oliver ate an orange rubber ball, about 3" in diameter. We have no idea where it came from or how he got it, but about 2 weeks after bringing him home, he threw it up. My husband now refers to him as "our terrible magician".

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Tyson ate 3 of my husbands no show socks. He was able to vomit 2 of them, but the 3rd had to be surgically removed Our floors now are spotless, you won't find anything remotely edible in his range.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Rosie is into hair,mostly but nothing really big and yes it all comes out so far , she is not interested in balls and such , pull ropes she likes and I throw them once there to frayed
    Odin ( non-Bully ) tho near died due to rattles in toys DO NOT BUY THEM take it from Me they kill -sick-odin-061-jpg-007-jpg-sick-odin-063-jpg You can see the rattle in the 2nd pic , well half the rattle were still looking for the other half . This was all for app 3 days Emergency vet costs or would have been I was lucky My vet loves this big goof as much as I do , as you can see so did Diva she loved Odin would not leave his side other then to do outies and eat .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vader and Reya
    Likes (Received)

I put down that comfy rubber mat that you find at gyms in squares. Well before I could get it all glued down for safety they both chewed and ate the end cover strip... Some got thrown up and the rest came out in the poop. And then they got another type of rubber mat, but just a little. Pooped out... I have moon mat glued down in their room. Not as nice and comfy as the rubber mat.. But after a month picking up poo checking for rubber they will have to make do. Vader is the chewer, Reya not so much, but if he has something going to town on, she feels obligated to join in. Oh well. I keep an eye on them and make sure there is nothing on the floor for them to chew other than there toys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads