USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Your baby is all grown up now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you believe he will be 5 in June??? Where is the time going?
    My smooshy face boy!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyblossom View Post
    For those that let them free has there been an average age? We got Penny as a rescue we think around 3 or 4. We put her in a crate when we were gone and she hated it, like chew on the metal bars til she bled hated it and we decided she needed to be free and we never have a problem with her. Bristol is just a pup (11 months)and a chewer and I would be afraid she would chew on something and hurt herself.
    I think it depends on the dog rather than age really. Frankie is also a rescue that came to us at 2yrs. He was kept in his crate the majority of the time. He basically let us know when he had enough of the crate. about a month after we got him he decided he wanted to sleep on the couch like his puppy brother Brutus and loved it. Like I said in my post, lately he would go under the dining room table when we would call him into his crate so we could leave the house and it was such a pain, I decided to try leaving him out and have not had any trouble so far. Now my other bully Brutus has to be crated when we go out because he loves to chew the area rugs when we leave. Brutus will be 4 in November and I have tried several times to leave him out but to no avail!
    My smooshy face boy!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyblossom View Post
    For those that let them free has there been an average age? We got Penny as a rescue we think around 3 or 4. We put her in a crate when we were gone and she hated it, like chew on the metal bars til she bled hated it and we decided she needed to be free and we never have a problem with her. Bristol is just a pup (11 months)and a chewer and I would be afraid she would chew on something and hurt herself.
    Joey is 11 months old and I started in February to transition her out of the crate to free roam. She never used the crate to sleep but she was ok going in. I stopped crating her at this point. She is doing great, went 3.5 hours last Friday and 4 hours Saturday night. I have cameras set up that I can talk through just in case. She just sits in her chair waiting, sleeping, etc., won't even play with her toys.

I followed close instruction from some members here and it worked great!! I will be happy to share with you anytime.
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny and Bristol
    Likes (Received)

See the few times Bristol has been out at night sleeping in my sons room she has chewed on a leather belt, and chewed the slipcover off of a pillow. So she has to be crated when she sleeps because I think she gets bored and my son is a sound sleeper. She is out all day long with me during the day and then when I have to go somewhere I put her in the crate. I would love to get to a comfortabilty of leaving her out but she has had so many health issues I just couldn't take the change she would chew or swallow something and I wasn't there to make sure she was ok.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear that Frankie has some new found freedom. Keep up the great work and being a good canine citizen Frankie. jewel and Bentley say hello.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads