Updated pics of El Chapo 10-11 weeks

matador

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
El Chapo
IMG_3863.JPGIMG_3727.JPGIMG_3816.JPGIMG_3817.JPGIMG_3861.JPGIMG_3702.JPG

We just came from the vet last weekend and at 11 weeks he is weighing a healthy 21 lbs, El Chapo is nothing how I've read OEBs to be, he reminds me more of a AB/Pit bull terrier, he is just full of energy. I'm not sure whether that's due to him being crated while we are at work or what, but he loves to run, play, jump, chase, etc.

Everything so far is so good, with the exception of house-breaking, it's a job... I'm striving to be more consistent around that particular part of training, other than that he is an excellent puppy, is learning to walk on the leash and is getting better, likes the car rides we take, loves my children, and is still learning they're not his chew toys.

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
He is so adorable!!! Yeah I guess it's a personality thing because my English Bulldog is NOTHING like I expected. I was thinking fat and lazy and my girl is also full of energy and a big time chewer. They say house-training can take up to about 6 months to get down and that is about how long it took for us, just keep it up! What helped my girl with the kids was keeping her on a leash in the house, that way I could correct her if she played too hard with them and also watch her at all times in case she went potty and correct quickly.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Adorable!!!! My boy has crazy energizer bunny - like energy! Lol- my girl- typical EBD!
Potty training will take time, but the more consistent you are the faster it will happen.
He's beautiful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is beautiful... I love his markings/color

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
They do slow down with age. A cute story regarding toileting training. We live in an apt on the 3rd floor and he was 12 weeks when i got him so that meant he could hold it for 4 hrs - how many months they are plus 1 is a good guideline on how long they can hold it - There is a large patch of grass on the side of our building and I brought Chance there every time. I had read not to give them any attention until they did there business other than saying a catch phrase that you pick. My catch phrase is Hurry Hurry, once they are done pottying they should be praised and or receive a treat upon going. Personally praise is best and can be less fattening in the long run. So now we go out to our regular spots I say hurry hurry he does his business and goes no waiting forever. Was in the hospital and had to have friends watch Chance they have a dog, kids and a backyard how perfect. Wrong I was so embarrassed when I found out he will only go if he is on a leash. They had let him and the other dog out in the backyard and all he did was play took awhile to figure it out but no leash no potty. Good luck with your training and the Shark phase - it is so worth it in the long run and even now when you look back on it later. Love one another and be good to and for each other :yes:

OP
M

matador

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
El Chapo
He is so adorable!!! Yeah I guess it's a personality thing because my English Bulldog is NOTHING like I expected. I was thinking fat and lazy and my girl is also full of energy and a big time chewer. They say house-training can take up to about 6 months to get down and that is about how long it took for us, just keep it up! What helped my girl with the kids was keeping her on a leash in the house, that way I could correct her if she played too hard with them and also watch her at all times in case she went potty and correct quickly.

I should try to keep him on the leash while he's in the house around the kids. House-Training taking about 6 months....? Nooooo LOL that's okay 6 months isn't such a long time. Consistency may make it go on quicker.

OP
M

matador

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
El Chapo
Adorable!!!! My boy has crazy energizer bunny - like energy! Lol- my girl- typical EBD!
Potty training will take time, but the more consistent you are the faster it will happen.
He's beautiful!!!

Thank you!

OP
M

matador

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
El Chapo
He is beautiful... I love his markings/color

Thank you! I love brindle, I've wanted a brindle dog since I was a child.... I developed a brindle fetish for boxers. In the future I want an all or mostly brindle dog.

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I should try to keep him on the leash while he's in the house around the kids. House-Training taking about 6 months....? Nooooo LOL that's okay 6 months isn't such a long time. Consistency may make it go on quicker.

Well that is an estimate for them to be able to hold their bowls for a full 8 hours or so. As far as house-training while home it should be shorter depending on the dog. The leash thing was a game changer, there wasn't anything she could get away with without a proper correction and she caught on fast after that.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Handsome young pup. Keep up with the training. Take a lot of pictures as they grow very fast.

Jewel and Bentley say hello to El Chapo.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online