mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Hi Tracey, I'm very glad Walter's surgery went so well :hug:
And I'm sorry he has been diagnosed with spondylosis. Personally I don't have any experiences with spondylosis, but I knew a boxer who was diagnosed with it (in the frontal part of the spine, breast area) before being two years old. And I know of a bulldog girl who has been diagnosed with it when she was three years old (in the frontal part of the spine, neck and breast area). This bullygirl will be eleven years old in september :yes: Because of her spondylosis she is only allowed to play with small dogs or calm dogs her Mommy knows very well (no stranger dogs who could play rough, because other dogs jumping on her back always caused huge problems). She is not allowed to play with a ball (too many sudden movements I guess). Because they live directly at the sea she very often walks in water (compareable with hydrotherapy). The bullygirl is allergic, but if she wasn't her Mom would definitly give her green lip mussels powder (contains glucosamine). The little senior girl is still active (slow 45-minutes-walks are no problem). She doesn't need pain stillers permanently, only occassionally (metacam).

I guess every case is individual. I hope Walter has a very mild case :hug::assurred:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Wally are you stressing your Mom Sweet Boy, I Pray as always everything will turn out Wonderful for you Sweet Running Wild Boy. I Love You Walter

As I mentioned...I think this will be a new chapter in Walter's infamous literary prowess, "How To Make My Mommy Crazy!"

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Always something! I hope it's sorted soon, sounds like you are on the right track. Fingers are crossed for you guys! *hugs*

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hi Tracey, I'm very glad Walter's surgery went so well :hug:
And I'm sorry he has been diagnosed with spondylosis. Personally I don't have any experiences with spondylosis, but I knew a boxer who was diagnosed with it (in the frontal part of the spine, breast area) before being two years old. And I know of a bulldog girl who has been diagnosed with it when she was three years old (in the frontal part of the spine, neck and breast area). This bullygirl will be eleven years old in september :yes: Because of her spondylosis she is only allowed to play with small dogs or calm dogs her Mommy knows very well (no stranger dogs who could play rough, because other dogs jumping on her back always caused huge problems). She is not allowed to play with a ball (too many sudden movements I guess). Because they live directly at the sea she very often walks in water (compareable with hydrotherapy). The bullygirl is allergic, but if she wasn't her Mom would definitly give her green lip mussels powder (contains glucosamine). The little senior girl is still active (slow 45-minutes-walks are no problem). She doesn't need pain stillers permanently, only occassionally (metacam).

I guess every case is individual. I hope Walter has a very mild case :hug::assurred:

Thank you for this information… I haven't had a chance to talk to the vet yet about his diagnosis, and I was waiting till he fully recovered from his surgery (which he has now). I need to find out what would be best for him, but I do plan on changing his food and adding a joint supplement to his diet. He is due for his vaccines here soon, so I guess I will have a list of questions for her…

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.