brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Good news about the xrays! Keeping them quiet is such a joke isn't it?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good news about the xrays! Keeping them quiet is such a joke isn't it?

I'm LOSING my mind, he's running across the house, jumping on the furniture, getting into it w/Willow... we are about to lose it!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Have you read about spondylosis...did they give him pain medicaton for it? Usually the pain resulting from it lasts on for the time it takes the vertibraes to, I don't know how to explain it,...the vertibraes ossify together and usually then the pain goes away. Acupuncture could help too and I'm guessing he is allready getting glucosamine and other joint supplements?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Have you read about spondylosis...did they give him pain medicaton for it? Usually the pain resulting from it lasts on for the time it takes the vertibraes to, I don't know how to explain it,...the vertibraes ossify together and usually then the pain goes away. Acupuncture could help too and I'm guessing he is allready getting glucosamine and other joint supplements?

Actually I haven't had time to research the topic yet… he is on pain meds now for his surgery recovery. I also haven't talked to Dr. Fant about acupuncture or the chiropractor help yet since Nikki was just here yesterday. I wasn't giving him a joint supplement because honestly I thought at only 2 years old he wouldn't need one yet. I may start giving him NuJoint since Roxie was on it for several years, he just seems SO young to have these issues… :(

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
At least glucosamine and chondroitin would be good imo. Also nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory for pain. Usually spondylosis effects older dogs but sometimes younger too. Then it's usually hereditary. Actually boxers are the most effected by it.

Actually I haven't had time to research the topic yet… he is on pain meds now for his surgery recovery. I also haven't talked to Dr. Fant about acupuncture or the chiropractor help yet since Nikki was just here yesterday. I wasn't giving him a joint supplement because honestly I thought at only 2 years old he wouldn't need one yet. I may start giving him NuJoint since Roxie was on it for several years, he just seems SO young to have these issues… :(

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
At least glucosamine and chondroitin would be good imo. Also nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory for pain. Usually spondylosis effects older dogs but sometimes younger too. Then it's usually hereditary. Actually boxers are the most effected by it.

Have any of your dogs had it? Gosh I'm going to have a lot of research to do this weekend :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ankylosing Spondylitis Symptoms

If little chunky monkey was cleared from xray I dont see what a chiropractor will see more. On the other hand always better for 2nd set of eyes but I think acupuncture will be great as it touches the nerves. I would also read on what [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] mentioned "spondylitis" I posted you a good website. Just a thought :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
No, they haven't, but I've read about it. Usko had some changes in his back, but they troubled him only for a short period of time after an accident. His back was then X-rayed, but it wasn't spondylosis.

Have any of your dogs had it? Gosh I'm going to have a lot of research to do this weekend :(

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Good morning [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] . I see my main squeeze The Walt Meister is in full swing this morning. I really think that he is trying to incorporate additional information for his book, "How To Make My Mommy Crazy."

In your earlier post to this thread...you are describing the same behavior that Bentley displays. When plying with a ball...Bentley will get so fixated on the ball that he literally blocks everything out of sight and mind and focuses all his attention to the ball at hand. His eyes are large and his tongue quivers. When he gets like that, we stop and put the ball away and rub him under his chin telling him to relax which works most of the time. There are only a few things that will set him off in this behavior.

In that regard, I am interested in what your posting with your sessions with the behaviorist. So thanks.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OK I just got confirmation from the vet… Walter was diagnosed w/spondylosis NOT spondylitis. She said they are very different, and that acupuncture might be the best route for him.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
OK I just got confirmation from the vet… Walter was diagnosed w/spondylosis NOT spondylitis. She said they are very different, and that acupuncture might be the best route for him.

Well I am not to familiar with the condition at hand. I will do some reading. Of course [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] could probably get the 411 on the subject.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I am sorry to hear of Walter's diagnoses. Sounds like nothing is bothering him today! There are several acupuncturists on Fire Station road in Clarksville. You may want to check them out. Love to you and Wally.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
spondylosis is a degenerative disease of the spine...usually associated with an aging dog(arthritis), but, not always. Trauma or a birth defect could also cause.
Spondylitis is the inflammation of an area of the spine affected by spondylosis. I am not a Vet, but this is my understanding of the differences.

Similar to the relationship between Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis...one being the condition and the other being inflammation due to the condition.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Wally are you stressing your Mom Sweet Boy, I Pray as always everything will turn out Wonderful for you Sweet Running Wild Boy. I Love You Walter

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
spondylosis is a degenerative disease of the spine...usually associated with an aging dog(arthritis), but, not always. Trauma or a birth defect could also cause.
Spondylitis is the inflammation of an area of the spine affected by spondylosis. I am not a Vet, but this is my understanding of the differences.

Similar to the relationship between Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis...one being the condition and the other being inflammation due to the condition.

Thank you… to me I don't understand how you can have the disease and NOT have the inflammation with it, but I'm not a vet/doctor either… Lol :blink:

Members online

No members online now.