RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sorry, didn't read too well. Bulldogs unfortunately do have troubles in their backs often. But a lot of times they're minor and can be handled. Sometimes even just a massage treatment a couple of times can make it better.

They x-rayed him from top to bottom… hips, and all four limbs were great. That area at the base of his spine is what is troubling… we will find out soon.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] It is such a relief to hear that Wally is home,and the surgery went well! I have been praying for you both all night, and when I couldn't get on the computer this a.m.-it drove me crazy!! "Over the moon" tohear the GOOD news. He is here!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
They x-rayed him from top to bottom… hips, and all four limbs were great. That area at the base of his spine is what is troubling… we will find out soon.

Great hearing he seems fine & ate breakfast, how long before you hear back about x-rays?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Sorry I have been off the net the past few days. Training at a Fraud Conference...good stuff. After reading through the thread, I a m glad Wally came through his surgery like a champ. Jewel and Bentley send their regards to the Waltmeister.

Please tell Walter that the publishing company says there is not time for convalescing and that he better pick up the pace on his book, "How To Make My Mommy Crazy." :yes4:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm glad wally is home and on the mend!

I'll be waiting to hear about that spinal issue.

Lots of prayers to you and him!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Great hearing he seems fine & ate breakfast, how long before you hear back about x-rays?

She said it could take about 36 hours… I'll keep you posted!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad to hear that Walter is back home and he's on the mend. I hope it's good news about his X-rays. Continuing to keep Walter in your prayers and thoughts.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
So happy to hear Wally is home and recovering well! Sending best wishes for his continued recovery and hopes that the spinal issue isn't serious.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Wonderful News that Mr. Walter is back home with Mom and Dad. I am Praying that his x-ray will turn out Wonderful.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
So happy to Walter boy is back to being pampered. Keeping fingers crossed his x-ray result turns out fine. Sending you and your boy lots of love and tight hugs! Speedy recovery little man.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Sending best wishes and prayers for Wally today. Hoping all is well..........

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wally is doing fantastic… in fact maybe TOO well. He's supposed to be on restricted activity for the next 10 days, and he keeps running across the house :fie: I swear I'm going to have to put the cone of shame on him if he keeps this up… Lol

Radiologist report has come in and that "hook & wisp" found on his spine was concluded as a common appearance to ventral spondylosis which in layman terms mineralization of bridging fibrous tissue. NOTHING came up in his x-rays… thyroid test was normal, hips, limbs, everything…

We had another visit w/Nikki our behaviorist today and I told her about the radiology report. She is STILL convinced based on the videos that I have provided her that he is in some kind of pain in that rear area. She wants me to find a chiropractor to see if manipulating that back area will give him some relief :blink: I don't know how I'm going to find that in this area unless I travel to Nashville, which may be my only option. She is pretty convinced that this is NOT a neurological issue, which honestly I was extremely relieved to hear. Today we worked on some skills… putting the harness & leash on w/out him freaking out, making him wait when I open the front/back door and a command for "check-in" where he is supposed to look at me. He did pretty good at everything but his harness/leash. He goes CRAZY when he sees them, and it took some time to get him to calm down. Nikki feels that Walter needs to learn some self-control (and I agree) and that his OCD is off the charts about some things. She does understand that EBD'S have a certain HIGH level of OCD'NESS :laugh: I'm also going to give him breaks from Willow, and she will be learning the same commands as well. SO I will be busy the next couple of weeks…

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Something else to consider...

Animal Acupuncture: Dogs, Cats & Horses - Holistic Vets in Nashville

Richland Animal Clinic - Veterinarian In Nashville, TN USA :: Acupuncture

Long ago I thought it was voodoo/witchcraft...but it worked on my wife's Trudy, and I became a believer.

You know I didn't believe in it either until I was involved in a 3 car accident & we were stuck in the middle. My neck was a mess, and going to the chiropractor made such a HUGE difference for me. Not sure how the Wallygator is going to feel about it though… Lol

Thanks for the info!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.