Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Walter's surgery is in the morning...

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Walter's surgery is in the morning...

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    Have you read about spondylosis...did they give him pain medicaton for it? Usually the pain resulting from it lasts on for the time it takes the vertibraes to, I don't know how to explain it,...the vertibraes ossify together and usually then the pain goes away. Acupuncture could help too and I'm guessing he is allready getting glucosamine and other joint supplements?
    Actually I haven't had time to research the topic yet… he is on pain meds now for his surgery recovery. I also haven't talked to Dr. Fant about acupuncture or the chiropractor help yet since Nikki was just here yesterday. I wasn't giving him a joint supplement because honestly I thought at only 2 years old he wouldn't need one yet. I may start giving him NuJoint since Roxie was on it for several years, he just seems SO young to have these issues…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

2. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

At least glucosamine and chondroitin would be good imo. Also nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory for pain. Usually spondylosis effects older dogs but sometimes younger too. Then it's usually hereditary. Actually boxers are the most effected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Actually I haven't had time to research the topic yet… he is on pain meds now for his surgery recovery. I also haven't talked to Dr. Fant about acupuncture or the chiropractor help yet since Nikki was just here yesterday. I wasn't giving him a joint supplement because honestly I thought at only 2 years old he wouldn't need one yet. I may start giving him NuJoint since Roxie was on it for several years, he just seems SO young to have these issues…

4. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    At least glucosamine and chondroitin would be good imo. Also nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory for pain. Usually spondylosis effects older dogs but sometimes younger too. Then it's usually hereditary. Actually boxers are the most effected by it.
    Have any of your dogs had it? Gosh I'm going to have a lot of research to do this weekend

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Ankylosing Spondylitis Symptoms

If little chunky monkey was cleared from xray I dont see what a chiropractor will see more. On the other hand always better for 2nd set of eyes but I think acupuncture will be great as it touches the nerves. I would also read on what @RiiSi mentioned "spondylitis" I posted you a good website. Just a thought

7. Likes ddnene, Texas Carol liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

No, they haven't, but I've read about it. Usko had some changes in his back, but they troubled him only for a short period of time after an accident. His back was then X-rayed, but it wasn't spondylosis.

Have any of your dogs had it? Gosh I'm going to have a lot of research to do this weekend

9. Likes ddnene liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good morning @ddnene . I see my main squeeze The Walt Meister is in full swing this morning. I really think that he is trying to incorporate additional information for his book, "How To Make My Mommy Crazy."

In your earlier post to this thread...you are describing the same behavior that Bentley displays. When plying with a ball...Bentley will get so fixated on the ball that he literally blocks everything out of sight and mind and focuses all his attention to the ball at hand. His eyes are large and his tongue quivers. When he gets like that, we stop and put the ball away and rub him under his chin telling him to relax which works most of the time. There are only a few things that will set him off in this behavior.

In that regard, I am interested in what your posting with your sessions with the behaviorist. So thanks.

11. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

OK I just got confirmation from the vet… Walter was diagnosed w/spondylosis NOT spondylitis. She said they are very different, and that acupuncture might be the best route for him.

13. Likes helsonwheels, Texas Carol liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OK I just got confirmation from the vet… Walter was diagnosed w/spondylosis NOT spondylitis. She said they are very different, and that acupuncture might be the best route for him.
    Well I am not to familiar with the condition at hand. I will do some reading. Of course @Vikinggirl could probably get the 411 on the subject.

15. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@ddnene I am sorry to hear of Walter's diagnoses. Sounds like nothing is bothering him today! There are several acupuncturists on Fire Station road in Clarksville. You may want to check them out. Love to you and Wally.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

17. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

spondylosis is a degenerative disease of the spine...usually associated with an aging dog(arthritis), but, not always. Trauma or a birth defect could also cause.
    Spondylitis is the inflammation of an area of the spine affected by spondylosis. I am not a Vet, but this is my understanding of the differences.

Similar to the relationship between Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis...one being the condition and the other being inflammation due to the condition.

19. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Wally are you stressing your Mom Sweet Boy, I Pray as always everything will turn out Wonderful for you Sweet Running Wild Boy. I Love You Walter

21. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    spondylosis is a degenerative disease of the spine...usually associated with an aging dog(arthritis), but, not always. Trauma or a birth defect could also cause.
    Spondylitis is the inflammation of an area of the spine affected by spondylosis. I am not a Vet, but this is my understanding of the differences.

Similar to the relationship between Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis...one being the condition and the other being inflammation due to the condition.
    Thank you… to me I don't understand how you can have the disease and NOT have the inflammation with it, but I'm not a vet/doctor either… Lol

23. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads