Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Praying that it isn't sepsis, and the antibiotics start to work. Sending positive thoughts. Please let us know as soon as you hear. I'll be looking for updates.

Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Oh my goodness:( I'm so sorry you and Bristol are having to go through this. Sending many positive thoughts and prayers your way. I'll be waiting, right along with everyone else, to see how she is.

OP
Pennyblossom

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
They said her wbc went from 2700 to close to 4700 and the low range of normal is in the 6000ish range I can't remember the exact number but because she rebounded they don't think it was sepsis just that all her wbc were going to the lungs and weren't in her blood. They still see quite a bit of pneumonia in the X-rays and her respitory rate is 45-50 per minute. They will take her glucose again and repeat more test tomorrow. So I feel some relief. I just want my baby in my arms but I am so thankful to live near an emergency/specialty vet hospital.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
sorry to hear--good luck and prayers from us.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
They said her wbc went from 2700 to close to 4700 and the low range of normal is in the 6000ish range I can't remember the exact number but because she rebounded they don't think it was sepsis just that all her wbc were going to the lungs and weren't in her blood. They still see quite a bit of pneumonia in the X-rays and her respitory rate is 45-50 per minute. They will take her glucose again and repeat more test tomorrow. So I feel some relief. I just want my baby in my arms but I am so thankful to live near an emergency/specialty vet hospital.

Continued prayers - stay strong she will get through this!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Oh I hope she gets over this quickly. The waiting and worry can drain the life out of the strongest bully parent.
GLGLGL!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I hope Bristol is improving and that she will be home soon.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=15583]Pennyblossom[/MENTION] - any updates on Bristol this morning?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Praying that bristol is doing better toda:pray::pray::pray::heart::pray:

Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Checking in to see if there's any news on Bristol yet......

I hope she's feeling better today! Sending some prayers and positive healing vibes her way!!!

OP
Pennyblossom

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
They still have her in the oxygen cage. She did eat a little today where yesterday she wouldn't eat at all. They said she still had labored breathing but it seemed to be better so in the 40's. They will do more bloodwork and call me at dinner time when the daytime ICU dr leaves and the overnight dr comes in.

Hladue

Jan 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny
I just got the afternoon call from the vet her WBC is in the 12,000's YEAH!!! She is still labored so they will keep her in the Oxygen cage through the night and try to wean her off tomorrow afternoon and see how she does. She has been eating today and no regurgitation!!! The doctor said the earliest he would foresee her going home would be Wednesday afternoon but the possibility of Thursday or Friday may be more likely! I really pray she has turned the corner I miss her snuggles!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.