Bristol is back in the ER

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
She had her soft palate and nares done Wednesday. Since she had a small cough and regurgitated once instead of her coming home Thursday they kept her until yesterday. They took an X-ray and didn't see pneumonia and scheduled a recheck for Monday. We brought her home yesterday armed with many meds, anti nausea, anti anxiety, antacid,pain killer, motilty and a broad spectrum antibiotic just in case due to the cough. Well through the night and today her cough got a little worse and her breathing labored and she regurgitated again. So they told us to bring her in. She's now in an oxygen cage they took X-rays and definitely see aspiration pneumonia. They expect her to have to be there a few days. I am besides myself. She made it through the surgery and I am so thankful but having to take her back and leave her there was so hard.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Poor baby!! And poor Momma!! At least you caught everything early!! You guys will be in my prayers and here's to some speedy healing for Bristol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sending lots and lots of prayers for sweet Bristol. Tyson also spent a whole week in an oxygen tank after his neuter :( please keep us posted on her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hang in there, she's your little trooper. She's a tough little cookie. :yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Immediate & continued prayers until Bristol is safe & well again.

Thankful it's caught early & with meds & treatment started asap.

As others said here, Bristol's tough and she's full of bully fighting
spirit. I send you big hugs of support, knowing how worried you
are but hang on and hang in there!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor sweet baby and poor you. I'm so sorry you're going through this with her, and I know how worried you are.
She is in good hands, and she is at the hospital where they can help her. I'm glad that they caught it early and she is getting treatment. I hope it clears up soon and she's back home quickly. Sending hugs, love and prayers. Please keep us Updated. Stay Strong, she will be okay and be home soon. Positive thoughts.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry to hear that Bristol is back to the hospital. She is lucky,though that you kept a close watch on her, and it was caught early. Sending prayers for her, for a speedy recovery. Sending prayer for Mom,too.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sending positive and healing thoughts your way...

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
I'm so sorry Bristol and you are going through this :( I'm sure she is guarded very well in the hospital and if she should need
something they can help her immediately :assurred: Bristol is a strong little girl :hug:
Sending prayers and positive thoughts :heartsign:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry to hear this… sending lots of hugs and prayers that Bristol will get better soon!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending health thoughts and prayers to Bristol.... and hugs to Momma

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thinking of you and Bristol, and hoping for a speedy recovery. Good that it was caught early and that you could take her in.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Sending all the best wishes for Bristol's recovery! Good for you for watching her so carefully after her surgery and knowing to take her in.

OP
Pennyblossom

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
They are getting ready to take her bloodwork again and X-rays as her blood work yesterday showed low white blood cells so they are worried about sepsis. But they checked her glucose and blood pressure and those were good so we are praying it isn't sepsis. I will know more after the test results tonight. I am so scared.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.