Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could my Bulldog be Unhappy and Depressed . . . ?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Could my Bulldog be Unhappy and Depressed . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Unfortunately, this facility does not provide Hydrotherapy. It is predominately Dog Training and Pet Sitting.
    DAMN -- I thougt I saw it on there site...... maybe call them and ask if they know of one in the area? I'll keep looking too
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    United States
    panhandle of Florida
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Could my Bulldog be Unhappy and Depressed . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Good for you to want Diamond to be in good shape. However, bulldogs are short noses,
    and many times, very narrow tracheas (throat tubes) all make getting enough air very
    difficult and many times in heat & humidity, not enough air intake to cool down. Even
    at 76* if humidity is 80% or more, that is dangerous for flat nose breeds to be out and
    exercising them is NOT recommended at all except for very early am or late night pm.
    Even 'wetted down' is not enough, once a bully overheats it's very hard to save them.
    And once overheated, if they survive, they are prone to heat exhaustion.
    i am always careful with diamond, she used to be in the field in the summer so i think she holds up well to the heat. I don't take any chances though. last time she rode with me in my truck i went to sonic and got her a large iced water. she won't drink from the cup so i open her mouth and pour a little in her mouth. to cool her off, it just so happened to be 91*F that day. she was a cool dog ridding in my ram.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1462276360-776509-jpg
    if you look closely she's hanging out the window she likes to go mall crawling and obstacle crawling with her dad. my reverse is gone in my truck so i had to go into the field and turn around. got some good pics too

sent from my brick using clay
    You can follow me on
    Instagram: redcody318

3. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads