THANK YOU-Crate Put Away

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
So back in February I started a thread for advice on transitioning Joey out of the crate to run of the house. I followed each poster's advice and came up with a routine. Joey NEVER just went to her crate to sleep BUT she never threw a fit going in either. I dismantled the crate and put it in storage about 3 weeks ago.

Joey will be 11 months old tomorrow. I had a business meeting today that lasted about 3.5 hours. I decided give her a shot at the longest ever she'd be left alone.....free. SHE DID GREAT!! I checked in on her a few times (wifi cameras) and she was either "posted up" on her chair waiting for me or sleeping.

This of course is certainly not meant to say crates are bad, because they're GREAT! Joey was outgrowing hers and we needed to begin the transition.

SO THANK YOU to the following people who participated in that thread with PRICELESS advice. We could not have done it without you.

BULLY HUGS TO [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=13682]madie4589[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] [MENTION=12231]Goob14[/MENTION] [MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION]

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
That's great! Congrats to Joey being a big girl:)

Thank you SO MUCH!!! It's been a long, constant journey that will of course continue, but I'm so thankful to this site and its members, and SO PROUD of Joey!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Thats funny you started Joey allowing Joey free run of the house yesterday because yesterday was the first day I let Chunky have free run when I have been gone more than a few hours. He just turned 11 months on the 25th. I have wifi cameras but I didn't check on him since I knew there was no way I could of stopped him if he acted out. He did great and I heard he watched the neighbor girls play through the glass on the back door. He was stalking them like he does me I guess. LOL

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thats funny you started Joey allowing Joey free run of the house yesterday because yesterday was the first day I let Chunky have free run when I have been gone more than a few hours. He just turned 11 months on the 25th. I have wifi cameras but I didn't check on him since I knew there was no way I could of stopped him if he acted out. He did great and I heard he watched the neighbor girls play through the glass on the back door. He was stalking them like he does me I guess. LOL

Oh that IS funny!!! Way to go Chunky!!!! Oh how they love to stalk LOL :)

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
So back in February I started a thread for advice on transitioning Joey out of the crate to run of the house. I followed each poster's advice and came up with a routine. Joey NEVER just went to her crate to sleep BUT she never threw a fit going in either. I dismantled the crate and put it in storage about 3 weeks ago.

Joey will be 11 months old tomorrow. I had a business meeting today that lasted about 3.5 hours. I decided give her a shot at the longest ever she'd be left alone.....free. SHE DID GREAT!! I checked in on her a few times (wifi cameras) and she was either "posted up" on her chair waiting for me or sleeping.

This of course is certainly not meant to say crates are bad, because they're GREAT! Joey was outgrowing hers and we needed to begin the transition.

SO THANK YOU to the following people who participated in that thread with PRICELESS advice. We could not have done it without you.

BULLY HUGS TO @ddnene @TyTysmom @madie4589 @bullmama @Chunky White @Goob14 @harveyspecter

:2thumbs:

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Great job Joey!!! I would totally trust Penny at this point, but not Lockjaw. Lol- so they both still get crated. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Wow that's awesome! I can't trust Biscuit at all she's a chew a holic! I left her for 20 mins when I went upstairs and came back to a chewed book and my laptop cord. It will be a while lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww that's awesome!!! She's such a BIG girl now ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I have been missing in action from around here lately; been in classes, on the road for my job and busy on the farm. So, my apologies to everyone for missing out on so much activity but I had to weigh in on this one. Be careful about going free range with bullies when you are not at home. I have four dogs (Amber, Ruby, Ralph, and Austin (he is back permanently now; homed him twice it didn't work so he is now in the pack) and all are crated if someone is not at home. The bullies were free (Amber was anyway) for several months and she did fantastic! I was so proud of her and bragged about how good she was until just one day out of the blue she lost her absolute mind and I came home to mass destruction (curtains ripped out, sofa pillows de-stuffed, her bed destroyed, things that I am sure were identifiable that were no longer such, newspapers ripped up, books in a million pieces etc. Absolute destruction beyond the imagination and she was laid out sound to sleep snoring when I got home. YOU too will fall victim to their strategy if you aren't careful.........be warned you day will come and you cannot be mad. Just remember, the crate is not punishment, it is for their protection. My advise: get a bigger crate and have peace of mind they aren't in trouble and your house is sooooo much safer because there won't be temptation. I the mean time......Good luck!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.