Recommendation on Lawn Fertilizer

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Can anyone recommend a lawn fertilizer that is pet friendly?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
None of them are really pet friendly. Best thing you can do is to put it down and water it in before letting pets outside.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
None of them are really pet friendly. Best thing you can do is to put it down and water it in before letting pets outside.
This is what I do and I do not use fertilizer with weed killer in it...at least, not where my bullies go.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Like Todd said, we put it down then water the heck outta of it, and wait a while before taking him out.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
:yes::yes: to all suggestions above. Ive been picking out my own dandelions /weeds for decades.

Hey they sale dandelions in supermarkets. Great for salads, tea, detox.... so there keep them lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:yes:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I tagged Jamelyn who helped put her parents or inlaws lawn back into good shape when they moved into their new home. Plus i want some advice too....we had one area for business we'd shovel over the winter and the grass is just plain sad there now.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I signed a contract with a guy to get my yard going this year since I had so much trouble last year with my yard being primarily clay mud. He calls and lets me know when he will be out so I will turn the irrigation system on to wet the fertilizer in and I let chunky on the grass once its dry.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I picked up some epsom salt for paw soaks today. On the bag it says it can be used as fertilizer. Has anyone ever tried it?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I picked up some epsom salt for paw soaks today. On the bag it says it can be used as fertilizer. Has anyone ever tried it?

REALLY? never noticed that.... have to look into it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Epsom Salts has magnesium , and that is good for plants and grass,and seeds. My mother used it in her garden.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Epsom salts withh make anything grow! GREAT for tomatoes or any veggie garden

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Scotts and Golf green ( CIL ) have a grass fertilizer they say is kid and pet friendly , they put a pic of both kids and pets on the bag , you might go to web sites to read up on it to see what you think , they state that it is put it down and play right away your call there . Our grass or lawns are at different levels here ( total lawns app 1 1/2 acres and I am so very careful what goes on them , I have used the Scott product on the lowest tiered lawns as the dogs rarely go down there and it was the pet/kid friendly product . We also have to contend with Ontario Hydro coming thru spraying under there hydro bloody wires like they own the property the poles are on every couple of years , you can request they do not but it seems communication is not a big thing with them so that war continues , they called the OPP on Me once due to there lack of communication issue , was all good The Cop loved Odin , Screw Ontario Hydro ! The stuff they spray kills everything and I mean everything !

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.