GeorgiaWheezie

Apr 18, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
I brought my puppy home on Friday, and just now today, the gas is crazy! I've given her PB and yogurt since she got here, and her food is the same as she got from the breeder, so not sure why it's so frequent and smelly today? Any thoughts and advice on how I can nip it in the bud? Thanks!! :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
What are you feeding your baby? Just because it came from the breeder does not mean it's a good quality food…

The PB and yogurt could be an issue, since you just brought her home…

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Agreed-Ellies's breeder sent me home with CRAP food!! What is your little lady eating - Yogurt has probiotics in it, which has the good belly stuff in it, it also helps with digestion, and if the food quality is not great, the yogurt may helping her digest her food that might be giving her gas, or if she is intolerant of lactose that may also give her gas, just a thought...

OP
G

GeorgiaWheezie

Apr 18, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
She is on taste of the wild grain free high prairie puppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I am not familiar with the food, but does she "inhale" when she eats? Sometimes just slowing her down will help because she won't swallow so much air.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Because he ate so fast at that age I would hand feed. It also bonds you and the puppy and helps with food agression. Alternatively you can put a ball in the middle of the bowl to slow them down.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I brought my puppy home on Friday, and just now today, the gas is crazy! I've given her PB and yogurt since she got here, and her food is the same as she got from the breeder, so not sure why it's so frequent and smelly today? Any thoughts and advice on how I can nip it in the bud? Thanks!! :)

Hi, Congratulations on your new baby, and Welcome.
Many things can cause gas, but it's mostly caused by food intolerances. I'm not familiar with the food you mentioned, but if it is chicken based, it could be causing the gas. Many bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken and grains. The yogurt is a good supplement to give, because it aids in digestion and the Probiotics are good for gut flora, but I would wait to add the peanut butter. It's best to add one new supplement or treat at a time so you will know which one she doesn't tolerate.
Another cause of gas may just be her new surroundings, you just brought her home, and she may be nervous and excited or over stimulated from the car ride home, her new home and new people. She may just need some time and rest to adjust to all the changes.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
As strange as it sounds, when we started burping Frith because of the ME, her gas went away. She just sat upright in our lap, looking over our shoulder, and we'd get three to four burps out of her. She is seven months now and burps herself. She runs to the couch and props herself into a standing position and burps, then she will go back to whatever she was doing.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Good advice already posted by knowledgeable members. However, if nothing seems to work there are other options...

If not on your face, then maybe affixed to her little puppy butt. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is on taste of the wild grain free high prairie puppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is a really good food..... if she is eating really fast as others have mentioned it could be the problem. add a little water to slow her down

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.