Marking Toys?

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Just wondering if anyone else's bulldog does this or if Betty is just a weirdo, haha!

When we take Betty to the park and throw her ball for her, sometimes she will drop it on the ground and then scoot over it and try to pee on it (nice way to end a game of fetch, usually her aim is quite poor however). Yesterday when the mister let her out in the yard to pee, she took her Mr Fox with her and peed on him!

And today she carried her Kong outside with her and did the same thing! Obviously going to stop her from sneaking her toys out for potty time (didn't even see the Kong in her mouth), but it's just a bit bizarre. Her toys are always available so its not like she has competition for them or anything...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do believe this is a first for me..... marking territory is one thing, but toys --- guess it would be the same to her.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Maybe she's just modifying the taste of the toy to better suit her...like salting chips! ;)

I've not yet seen that behavior in our guys...hoping not to.

OP
penguinspam

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Maybe she's just modifying the taste of the toy to better suit her...like salting chips! ;)

I've not yet seen that behavior in our guys...hoping not to.

Ugh, I hope you don't see it either, haha! Luckily, the Kong washes off easily and Mr Fox is in the wash. She is very into her marking (outside thankfully) for a spayed female...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
She's trying to tell you she don't like her toys anymore lolll
Sorry had to was too funny! :)

Usually it's to mark territory. Did you get another new pet, child, something new in Betty's environment like in/around the house? Dogs will mark if there is a change to show who's boss.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Be happy she's just marking her toys. My boy used to mark on people's legs! Lol.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Each time I would play fetch the ball with my GS and if he would need to dash for a pee with the ball still in his mouth, runs to his pee area, drop the ball while peeing, pees on it and would never never touch that ball anymore. Loll

OP
penguinspam

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
She's trying to tell you she don't like her toys anymore lolll
Sorry had to was too funny! :)

Usually it's to mark territory. Did you get another new pet, child, something new in Betty's environment like in/around the house? Dogs will mark if there is a change to show who's boss.
ng

Haha, maybe she just needs some new toys! Nothing has changed with us since we got her, just the 3 of us, nothing different with the house. She's always tried to pee on her ball at the dogpark really, it's just the bringing her toys outside to try to pee on them that's new!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
TE=penguinspam;656997]ng

Haha, maybe she just needs some new toys! Nothing has changed with us since we got her, just the 3 of us, nothing different with the house. She's always tried to pee on her ball at the dogpark really, it's just the bringing her toys outside to try to pee on them that's new![/QUOTE]

well seems she's smart cookie wants new toys lolll

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.