Vacations

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
I haven't taken a vacation since I got Cookie she will be two in June . I don't really trust leaving her in those places that watch pets . Looking for some suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sometimes we have family stay at our house or the pups go to their house. We now have a pet sitter, she comes and stays at the house with them.

maybe talk to the techs at your vet office, some do pet sitting to earn extra cash.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Whereabouts do you live? I use Fetch! Pet Care, it's an agency that hires pet sitters, dog walkers, etc...I used them recently when I went on vacation; the sitter lived in my house, slept with the boys in my bed, was basically me in another life form :) Some people may not feel comfortable in this capacity but I've known this sitter since Tate was 8wks old and she comes daily for their 15min potty breaks.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=13779]Rodney Willis[/MENTION] Any reason you can't take Cookie along? My family goes on a big vacation every year, we've always rented pet friendly homes for Joey's "cousin", this will be Joey's first family vacation since her arrival at 8 weeks...she is now 11 months old. I LOVE taking Joey everywhere with me. Is it possible for you? Just a thought :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Family members are best as most of the time your dog knows them. But sometimes can't always be possible so like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said vet techs, established pet groomers. I was supposed to go on a road trip been canceled n Nyala was coming with me. Yes all depends where the vacation is. :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We have a pet sitter that comes by the house 4 times a day and sometimes brings her husband(he's crazy about the Bullies). She charges $45.00 per day regardless of the amount of dogs we might have. I'd trust her with my last $. Interview several candidates and go with the one with a good combination of:
1. the best references
2. dog handling/interaction skills
3. intelligence/common sense
4. experience
5. likability

It really doesn't take long to size someone up. Many states have court record websites that allow anyone to look someone up by name and view their public criminal record city by city, county by county. VA is one such state.

Time to start planning where to go. Enjoy!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Here in Australia when we go away we take Ftse with us.

When we just came over to the USA for our vacation we had our friends come and stay at our house with FTSE, prior to this he would go my daughters hours but having our friends stay was 100% better FTSE was so much more comfortable and did not fret as much as when he is not in our house.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.