MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi All,

Just curious, when you switched your bully from Puppy to Adult food, as Ellie Turned 6mos last weekend and we are still feeding her Puppy food, and have enough for about another few weeks??

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I switched Chunky at 6 months and went from feeding 3 times per day back to 2.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
The vet told me to start moving Joey off puppy to adult around 7 months. She said WAY too many calories in the puppy food. I had enough for several weeks too but you'll want to change to the adult slowly. You will also cut down on the amount too. I have been feeding Joey twice per day since she was about 6 months (she is 11 months now), she gets 1.5 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening, plus treats during the day. So to begin the transition she got 1 cup puppy and 1/4 cup adult in the morning and 1/2 and 1/2 in the evening. We did this for about a week for her to get used to the adult. I just kept cutting the amount of puppy kibble down. I am almost finished with what I have left. I donated the unopened bag that I had to the shelter.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I switched around 6-7 months, I think it was, but I know it was well before a year

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We switch ours around 6 to 7 months of age, and then switch to twice a day instead of three times.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.