dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I was already hopeful she was getting better from your last thread then i read this. So sorry you and your baby are going through this. The new vet sounds better. I hope he straightens this out already. Sending good vibes and thoughts your way. Hug the little girl for me. Feel and get better soon Gigi. Keep us posted please.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
I'm so sorry Gigi and you all are going through this :(
I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts - I hope with all my heart the new vet can help and Gigi will feel better very soon - good luck sweet little Gigi!

RIMG0752.JPG

OP
Jenni23

Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
We are off to the new doctor tomorrow, fingers crossed that it goes well! Gigi is doing much better than she was when we took her to the ER on Saturday night. We've been doing LOTS of steamy showers, and LOTS of nebulizing in her crate. Her energy is a lot better. She seems to being trying to cough up phlegm and mucus, but having a hard time getting it out because of her narrow trachea, so lots of coughing and gagging. I'm starting to think that her soft palate may be causing a problem too. The vet we were seeing put her on canned I/d and she's been eating it, but I really don't like it. I'd like to get her back on something more nutritious than that. Curious to hear what the new vet thinks about her diet. I also need to figure out how to get her more interested in drinking again. I think she's getting plenty of water through an all canned diet, because she's not very thirsty.

When I first spoke with the new vet, he asked me if she had been given an intranasal bordetella before she came down with her illness, so I looked through her papers and sure enough she was. He said that Bulldogs should never be given the intranasal one, and that it could've caused this whole mess. Good to know, that's something I wouldn't even have thought about! So much to learn with a bulldog, lol.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When did they say that you can get her back home? Man you must be anxious cause I sure would :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.