Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gigi's ER visit last night

Sorry you are having trouble with your baby. I would find a good bully vet to look at your baby. I would also get a second opinion from the x-rays from a good bully vet. Sometimes in the lower lungs can look cloudy and some vets will think it is pneumonia and it really isn't. I found that out when Henri got a bad respiratory infection and I took him to an emergency clinic and they wanted to keep him over night because he said he had pneumonia and showed me the x-ray. The thing that threw a red flag to me was, he was not running a fever. If he had pneumonia, he would have had a fever. The next day I took him to our vet and she told me a lot of vets will think the cloudy part in the lower lung is pneumonia, but it's not. So if he is not running a fever, there is a good chance he does not have pneumonia. I hope you can find a good bully vet to check out your boy.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Georgia
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Sorry you are having trouble with your baby. I would find a good bully vet to look at your baby. I would also get a second opinion from the x-rays from a good bully vet. Sometimes in the lower lungs can look cloudy and some vets will think it is pneumonia and it really isn't. I found that out when Henri got a bad respiratory infection and I took him to an emergency clinic and they wanted to keep him over night because he said he had pneumonia and showed me the x-ray. The thing that threw a red flag to me was, he was not running a fever. If he had pneumonia, he would have had a fever. The next day I took him to our vet and she told me a lot of vets will think the cloudy part in the lower lung is pneumonia, but it's not. So if he is not running a fever, there is a good chance he does not have pneumonia. I hope you can find a good bully vet to check out your boy.
    She's never had a fever the entire time she's had pneumonia, but the vet says she hears crackling in her lungs and the X-rays show pneumonia. The vet that we are scheduled to see on Saturday, specializes in Bulldogs and brachialsephalic breeds, so hopefully we will get some real options on how to get her through this. He really sounded promising on the phone, and he comes highly recommended.

Jenn and Gigi

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Jenni23 I hope this new vet is a good one, and can get your baby straightened out. I still don't think it is pneumonia, but I'm not a vet. Please keep us posted.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member karla9895's Avatar
    Real Name
    Karla
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven, Jaco & Luna GaGa
    Likes (Received)

Sending prayers

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

I was already hopeful she was getting better from your last thread then i read this. So sorry you and your baby are going through this. The new vet sounds better. I hope he straightens this out already. Sending good vibes and thoughts your way. Hug the little girl for me. Feel and get better soon Gigi. Keep us posted please.

Pet Sitter
    Country
    Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Püppy
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry Gigi and you all are going through this
    I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts - I hope with all my heart the new vet can help and Gigi will feel better very soon - good luck sweet little Gigi!

-rimg0752-jpg

9. Likes Frith liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Georgia
    Likes (Received)

We are off to the new doctor tomorrow, fingers crossed that it goes well! Gigi is doing much better than she was when we took her to the ER on Saturday night. We've been doing LOTS of steamy showers, and LOTS of nebulizing in her crate. Her energy is a lot better. She seems to being trying to cough up phlegm and mucus, but having a hard time getting it out because of her narrow trachea, so lots of coughing and gagging. I'm starting to think that her soft palate may be causing a problem too. The vet we were seeing put her on canned I/d and she's been eating it, but I really don't like it. I'd like to get her back on something more nutritious than that. Curious to hear what the new vet thinks about her diet. I also need to figure out how to get her more interested in drinking again. I think she's getting plenty of water through an all canned diet, because she's not very thirsty.

When I first spoke with the new vet, he asked me if she had been given an intranasal bordetella before she came down with her illness, so I looked through her papers and sure enough she was. He said that Bulldogs should never be given the intranasal one, and that it could've caused this whole mess. Good to know, that's something I wouldn't even have thought about! So much to learn with a bulldog, lol.

Jenn and Gigi

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Georgia
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpeg

Jenn and Gigi

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni23 View Post
    -image-jpeg
    Sweet baby girl wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow I'll be praying that you get some answers and I hope that her overall health keeps improving by the day!! You are such a wonderful mama

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni23 View Post
    -image-jpeg
    How's our little gigi so far?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Georgia
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    How's our little gigi so far?
    She's doing pretty good. Hope to get some better answers tomorrow.

Jenn and Gigi

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

When did they say that you can get her back home? Man you must be anxious cause I sure would

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads