Difference between English Bulldog & Olde English Bulldogge?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I currently have a 1 year old male English Bulldog. I am currently considering adopting a neutered male Olde English Bulldogge. What are the personality and exercise differences between the two? Or any other differences?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will tag members that have an OEB, but I think they are about the same personality/trait, but they have longer legs and the face is not as flat, little longer snout

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i sometimes wonder if my porkchop has olde english.. I bought her from a pet store (before i knew better) and i often wonder if she don't have mix in her.. her legs are a little longer and her body seems longer.. her face isn't as smashed.. she is definitely not show quality for showing but shes beautiful to me..

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We think Tank is either part or full Olde English. His face isn't as smashed, he's a little heavier and a little taller than other English Bulldogs we have owned. He has been pretty healthy his whole life save for a little arthritis as he ages. Personality wise he's laid back and lazy with occasional bursts of play and sass (like you would expect with any bully).
Feel free to check out my photo albums.....I think there is even a photo of him with our more petite English bulldog Bre. (Tank is the brown and white spotted bulldog)

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Kinda sounds like I should get a bigger vehicle. I don't think my Sentra will cut it.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Kinda sounds like I should get a bigger vehicle. I don't think my Sentra will cut it.

Haha! I think you will be fine with the Sentra. My advice is to get some large pillows/dog beds to put behind the seat to create a larger area for them to lay on. We had 3 dogs in my Corolla (50lb, 70 lb, 21 lb) and it was a good fit when we added the pillows

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
We think Penny Blossom is part OEB. She is about 18 in tall 19 inches long 60 lbs and not as smushy faced. She was a rescue the vets think she is English but somewhere there's OEB in there. She looks like a giant compared to Bristol who is 13 inches tall and all smush :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.