help!!!

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
so diamond has been doing good her cherry eye has gone down. now when i call her she sticks her head down like i just beat her. which i don't, as of recently my cousins came over with their dog and they've gotten into fights and their dog nipped diamond. out of anger and frustration i stomped my foot and yelled quit really loud. can this be the reason. i'm usually at work so i don't know if anyone is abusing my dog. yesterday when i came home diamond was very happy to see me. is this just a temporary thing? i know of the knowledgeable people here can help.

sent from my brick using clay

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It could be from the stomping or the tone of your voice.... tone means a lot to a dog so be aware of your voice (tone) when calling her... yelling adds to their excitement but can also cause them to 'hide'.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
It could be from the stomping or the tone of your voice.... tone means a lot to a dog so be aware of your voice (tone) when calling her... yelling adds to their excitement but can also cause them to 'hide'.
well since i am a southerner with a deep voice so i sound loud. but i just got back from work and she came to me. i guess it just was my tone i was worried about her and she just looked at me and ducked her head low. before she was in her crate and wouldn't come out so i said come out diamond. i counted to 3 and i grabbed her by her harness and walked her out.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461281580.205999.jpg
also just a pic our local park flooded and i walked her through the water.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Excellent that she's not afraid of the water.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
It's the tone of your voice and mostly your stomping dear. It's ok don't worry about it. Just make sure you don't stomp feet or hit a table with a hand etc etc. If you need to stop a fight or something that you dont want Diamond to get hurt just raise your voice a "BIT" not with the "southern" voice lol....and just say ex: diamond or hey followed by a "no" and you breathe before n after...... she will probably stop what she's doing cause she'll remember your last episode. When you come home Diamond is very happy to see you so she's fine. When you come home from work take that 5 min and go outside play ball or something as me n you time. She just saw a side of you she never seen. Now she knows. It's all good.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Just remember that a lot of our beloved bullies are very sensitive creatures and pick up on tone, mood, expressions pretty dang well. :)

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
It's the tone of your voice and mostly your stomping dear. It's ok don't worry about it. Just make sure you don't stomp feet or hit a table with a hand etc etc. If you need to stop a fight or something that you dont want Diamond to get hurt just raise your voice a "BIT" not with the "southern" voice lol....and just say ex: diamond or hey followed by a "no" and you breathe before n after...... she will probably stop what she's doing cause she'll remember your last episode. When you come home Diamond is very happy to see you so she's fine. When you come home from work take that 5 min and go outside play ball or something as me n you time. She just saw a side of you she never seen. Now she knows. It's all good.
yesterday i came home from work and had 30 minutes of play time with her. i try to get her to play with toys but i am her big toy lol. i have tough hands from working so she likes to nibble on my hands. lol the deep southern voice will come out if i raise my voice. when i do that she knows that she's done something wrong but my cousin's dog will start a fight and as of lately i'll yell stop. but i'll keep that in mind if diamond starts something i know it's obvious but now i know better.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Just remember that a lot of our beloved bullies are very sensitive creatures and pick up on tone, mood, expressions pretty dang well. :)
i've noticed i guess i hide my emotions well i try not to let her worry. i want her last remaining years to be her golden years.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I think it's fair to try to keep your cousins dog separated from Diamond until she because well adjusted to the household and you.

If your cousin's dog is trying to fight your dog it won't turn out good (trust me I'm $5K into bills right now because two of my dogs fought). Introduce them in neutral spaces so neither of them feel territorial. Learn from my mistake and don't rush introductions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
I think it's fair to try to keep your cousins dog separated from Diamond until she because well adjusted to the household and you.

If your cousin's dog is trying to fight your dog it won't turn out good (trust me I'm $5K into bills right now because two of my dogs fought). Introduce them in neutral spaces so neither of them feel territorial. Learn from my mistake and don't rush introductions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we introduced them outside but my cousin's dog had an experience with bigger dogs fighting him. they tried to fight yeaterday and i yelled stop and they stopped.

Most Reactions