Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
it sounds more to me that he is wanting to 'play' .... I would place him on lead before you begin cleaning him so you can control the behavior. also, make him sit and praise him when he stays in place, just a nice pet with 'good boy'.... talk soft and positive tone while cleaning him and keep treats nearby for bribing him. see if that helps at all.... you can also try to get him to lay when cleaning... that might lessen the jumping too
I will try the lead but it's difficult to hold that and clean him at the same time there isn't anything secure enough to tie him too. It's not at all playful what he does to be honest I can see how it might sound that way but it's not. He has some playful moments and they usually involve butt wiggle and this is far from that. Thank you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will try the lead but it's difficult to hold that and clean him at the same time there isn't anything secure enough to tie him too. It's not at all playful what he does to be honest I can see how it might sound that way but it's not. He has some playful moments and they usually involve butt wiggle and this is far from that. Thank you.

Ok.... Try standing on the lead to limit his movement. If at all possible can you try to get video of when he is like this,

Good luck

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Ok.... Try standing on the lead to limit his movement. If at all possible can you try to get video of when he is like this,

Good luck
Don't think so I would be risking an arm or leg if I tried to video it. But I might try standing on the lead it might work. Thank goodness it's dry here at the moment though so no arguments with him ��

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.