Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Couple of questions

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Olive.... can you explain this statement, please? I am wondering if it is aggressive or he is protesting?
    I will try. So he comes in all mucky paws and face so bad I have to get a flannel and some soapy water as a baby wipe just won't do in this instance (although he doesn't like them much either) as I start to wipe the flannel on his paws he tries to bite it and as a result my hand (I understand that he just sees the flannel) so I take it away and then he launches an attack jumping up all four legs off the ground he nips at my thigh and makes contact, which can be very sore, sometimes it's the calf of the leg or he tries for an arm. He is growling in a very low but nasty way. There is no way to get control of him as if I try to get his collar he can twist in his jump and go for the arm and I am so afraid he will hurt himself badly doing this. It's not possible to get his lead on either as he's in a frenzy about the flannel. I have no idea how to get him indoor ready from his digging other than to wash him.
    This is not going on all day or anything just when it's something he doesn't like and when he gets tired he bites your feet and it can lead to a jumping attack if you don't act quickly.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
    Thank you I had a trial fun yesterday I had to go out for less than 10 mins just to pick up something and gave him a small treat to get in his crate and he seemed happy enough when I got back. We had just been for a walk and he had played quite a bit in the garden up to that so it wasn't difficult to get him in.
    So I've made plans to go out for the family dinner in 2 weeks time we will see how it goes. My other worry is when I get back what's going to happen. I will be getting back around his normal bedtime do I take him out for some excercise or just let him out for a while in the house with us? But I know I will want to go to bed fairly soon after getting back.
    When we get home late like that, we let the dogs out for a little bit and then we do our routine and head to bed. Normally they don't give me any trouble...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

3. Likes Evilo liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I will try. So he comes in all mucky paws and face so bad I have to get a flannel and some soapy water as a baby wipe just won't do in this instance (although he doesn't like them much either) as I start to wipe the flannel on his paws he tries to bite it and as a result my hand (I understand that he just sees the flannel) so I take it away and then he launches an attack jumping up all four legs off the ground he nips at my thigh and makes contact, which can be very sore, sometimes it's the calf of the leg or he tries for an arm. He is growling in a very low but nasty way. There is no way to get control of him as if I try to get his collar he can twist in his jump and go for the arm and I am so afraid he will hurt himself badly doing this. It's not possible to get his lead on either as he's in a frenzy about the flannel. I have no idea how to get him indoor ready from his digging other than to wash him.
    This is not going on all day or anything just when it's something he doesn't like and when he gets tired he bites your feet and it can lead to a jumping attack if you don't act quickly.

it sounds more to me that he is wanting to 'play' .... I would place him on lead before you begin cleaning him so you can control the behavior. also, make him sit and praise him when he stays in place, just a nice pet with 'good boy'.... talk soft and positive tone while cleaning him and keep treats nearby for bribing him. see if that helps at all.... you can also try to get him to lay when cleaning... that might lessen the jumping too
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

it sounds more to me that he is wanting to 'play' .... I would place him on lead before you begin cleaning him so you can control the behavior. also, make him sit and praise him when he stays in place, just a nice pet with 'good boy'.... talk soft and positive tone while cleaning him and keep treats nearby for bribing him. see if that helps at all.... you can also try to get him to lay when cleaning... that might lessen the jumping too
    I will try the lead but it's difficult to hold that and clean him at the same time there isn't anything secure enough to tie him too. It's not at all playful what he does to be honest I can see how it might sound that way but it's not. He has some playful moments and they usually involve butt wiggle and this is far from that. Thank you.

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I will try the lead but it's difficult to hold that and clean him at the same time there isn't anything secure enough to tie him too. It's not at all playful what he does to be honest I can see how it might sound that way but it's not. He has some playful moments and they usually involve butt wiggle and this is far from that. Thank you.
    Ok.... Try standing on the lead to limit his movement. If at all possible can you try to get video of when he is like this,

Good luck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes Evilo liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Ok.... Try standing on the lead to limit his movement. If at all possible can you try to get video of when he is like this,

Good luck
    Don't think so I would be risking an arm or leg if I tried to video it. But I might try standing on the lead it might work. Thank goodness it's dry here at the moment though so no arguments with him ��

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads