agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Sounds like you are ready to go, so the main question I have is do you have the time and energy? You already know the risks so whether you can believe and trust your vet is invaluable. I will send you a link via pm that can hopefully help you with your decision, because I don't want to give you a bias answer since you are a great friend, and it is something I wrote to the 'general' population regarding breeding. Let me know what you decide, because you have my support. I'm also very glad you asked!

Hi Lisa
i am back in the tattoo shop reading your PM.
I think I am 75% going for it, I have a close network of bully breeders who are willing to help and I v done breeding before. I guess if diesel was still alive I would have just went for it but because it did happen it just makes me stop and think more.

as you know I have been married 2 years ish. My wife wore white ( like all kitchen appliances ) so am sure she will help

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION]...

Thinking over the whole of this issue and reading all the thoughtful replies to your question
of breeding Paisley or not...I vote for breeding her. Knowing what I know about you & Sarah,
go for it, y'all are not ones to be backed down from pursuing your dreams.

Life is short and to be lived fully & completely, the regrets come from not doing this.

You've done your homework and you have a team of knowledgeable experts.

Bring on the bully babies!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sound like you have made up your mind, I have no comment other than I hope it all works out for you.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Sound like you have made up your mind, I have no comment other than I hope it all works out for you.

still not 100% there mate, my window is getting near, one thing i hate in life is indecisiveness, am a sorta black or white guy and with this i just dont know

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
hi all ..

i have decided not to breed this time, it is two close to Diesels death date and it would have been his birthday in august, not far from pups coming so
timing is wrong, i ll see what happens in 6 months

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I am reading all of this and so sorry for your loss. Geez :(

Artificial insemination and cesarean which is not cheap either is what Nyala's breeder does for all her bullies. She said she wouldnt risk any of her dog's lives and she has a great vet.. and yes big risk and on the other hand when it goes great very rewarding.

I use to breed Dobermans and it sure isn't a headache like bullies. If people think it's all the same, better think again! Normal breeds you still have to be there 24/7 for the first few weeks. I can imagine Bullies. I wouldn't be sleeping till they are 4 weeks old lollll

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.