Ellie Belly!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
So Ms Ellie just got her Urine Culture back!! no bacteria in her (bladder) culture (WOOOOHOOO), Mama was NERVOUS :-) but the Vet feels the reocurring bacteria she is getting is enviromental such as "low riding" when she pees, and said she would recommend a vulvoplasty (remove extra skin) around her girl parts if her 1st heat cycle doesnt make her stuff pop out enough, to keep the bacteria out, for right now, we have to be OCD about keeping her girl stuff clean

Anyone have any experiences with the Vulvoplasty surgery??

I looked it up online, and some of the post surgery pics are not so nice, REALLY dont want to do this if we dont HAVE to!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep, Banks had to have it done for just the reasons you are stating.... too much skin and constant UTI's. Once we did it, it was rare that she got a UTI, I think she had one or two more the rest of her life.

I'll try to did up some pictures

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So Ms Ellie just got her Urine Culture back!! no bacteria in her (bladder) culture (WOOOOHOOO), Mama was NERVOUS :-) but the Vet feels the reocurring bacteria she is getting is enviromental such as "low riding" when she pees, and said she would recommend a vulvoplasty (remove extra skin) around her girl parts if her 1st heat cycle doesnt make her stuff pop out enough, to keep the bacteria out, for right now, we have to be OCD about keeping her girl stuff clean

Anyone have any experiences with the Vulvoplasty surgery??

I looked it up online, and some of the post surgery pics are not so nice, REALLY dont want to do this if we dont HAVE to!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well that's a relief of one good news.

Never heard of it and would be sad to remove that extra skin especially there. :( I don't know anything about this as first time I heard of it . I'm sure others in here will sure know something. Now there's another thing I need to read up on. :) im sure you will make the right decision. :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Yes, we had it done on Vet's recommendation after rescue Josie couldn't shake UTIs. The surgery went well and left a minimal scar that took a while to heal and for the fur to grow back...She looked awful(but was physically fine from the surgery) for a couple of months. Unfortunately for Josie the UTIs did not stop and an ultrasound revealed a Staghorn Stone in her right kidney. Not operable. A heavy dose of antibiotics got the UTI under control and then pulsing antibiotics kept her well for the remainder of her life. Should you opt for the surgery, do not fret, it's reasonably simple.

Members online

No members online now.