Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We always have micro chip our pups before they go to their fur-ever home, and we put our info in the second contact list. We do this in the hopes they will never need them. I always wondered if they will actually work when need be. Well I got my answer Saturday morning. Bev my wife called me about 9:30 that morning and said, "Are you sitting down?" I said yes, so she began to tell me that she received a call from the SPCA Katy division and they have one of our previous bullies Diva. I'm like what the heck!!! It seems the wonderful A-hole who has had her for the last 2 1/2 years, didn't want her anymore and took her there early Saturday morning way before they opened and tied her to their fence and left her there. I couldn't believe it, and also wanted to hurt him. We always tell people that if for any reason they can not keep one of our babies to please call us and we will take them back and find them another home. Bev was grocery shopping and couldn't finish, as she wanted to get there as soon as they opened to get her. When she arrived at the place the woman told Bev that Diva was very aggressive and growling at anyone who walked by her crate, Bev told her that Diva was just scared and would not hurt anyone. The woman told Bev that they put a towel over her crate to help calm her down. Bev said to bring her to her, but the woman was reluctant to do this because of Diva's behavior. Bev said let me go to her. The woman said I need to get permission, as they do not let people back there except employees, but she would check. They finally let Bev back there and the woman warned Bev again about her behavior before she opened the cage door. Bev insured her it would be fine. She opened the door, and Bev stuck her head in and said Hi Diva. Bev said Diva looked up, saw her mama, and lunged out of the crate and gave Bev a big hug and started giving her kisses. she was so happy to see Bev. The woman couldn't believe her eyes. Anyway Bev took her to the vet and her tail pocket was so infected it wasn't funny and she has a UTI. poor Diva.

We are so grateful for Home Again Micro Chip company for giving the SPCA our info. I checked my e-mail a short time after that and I had an e-mail from Home Again. In the e-mail they informed me that one of our bullies was found, gave me her micro chip number, her name, the place who had her, and also their phone number. I am highly impressed and also grateful to Home Again micro chip company. They are awesome.

So if you don't have your bullies micro chipped, please get them done. If you ever wondered if they actually work, I have proof that it does.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh WOW, David! what an incredible story!!! Thank God that Diva was microchipped with your information and she's now safe with you. Why didn't the person who adopted her in the first place just contact you guys, I cannot believe he left her there tied up at the shelter?! What the heck is wrong with people?! :cursing::censored:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sad for miss Diva that she went through all that.... Happy she us back with you and being loved!

❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OH WOW!!!! I'm so happy to hear of the HAPPY ENDING. I would love to hear more about Diva when you get her home. Thank Goodness!! Will you please post updates to this heart warming story!!! Thank you for sharing!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
OMG I have goose bumps. What a happy ending!!! So glad Diva came back home. Spoiling time!!!

I have Nyala chipped but recall asking in here if there is any one out there that does gps for dogs inserted into their necks like a micro chip. There is only one company that is working on it in UK. The others are scams. I swear I will be the first to buy it. Image finding you pet immediately via gps with an app on your phone? Pitty the jerk that steals my dog.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a story! And what a scumbag! I'm so so so happy that the chip did what it's suppose too and she is safe! I love that sweet baby remembered her momma!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I don't know if I'm sick or relieved! Just baffled really, but so glad that the SPCA contacted you so quickly. Knowing that better days are here for poor Diva!

As for the bag of turds that did this... D:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Wow David that is an amazing story! How great it must have felt for Bev to get that welcome from Diva. At that very moment I'm sure a confused Diva felt she was back in good hands and loved again. I'm sore you want to pummel the jerk who left her tied up too.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Any photos? Im sure our little Diva has the biggest smile all the way to her ears :)

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Poor Diva, glad they were able to contact and get ahold of you and she is able to be home and get the care she needs. Shame on the idiot who didn't take care of her and wasn't willing to do the right thing.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG David, WTH is wrong w/people?!! I'm SO glad that you guys got Diva back, poor girl was probably scared to death...

We had a similar incident w/a horrible outcome. We owned a heeler that we had chipped a long time ago, and after taking her to lessons and a behaviorist we had to re-home her. She was a working dog, and not happy about being at home w/me and little kids. Anyway we had found a perfect home w/a pastor on a goat farm. WELL this clinic called me because of our chip, and told us that Nyla had been hit by a car and found… she was in excruciating pain and they wanted to know what to do. Apparently she had run away from the pastor… and he was looking for her. After talking to the vet we decided to have her put to sleep humanely because of her injuries… I hated what had happened to her, but at least I was able to authorize pain meds and end her pain :( Micro chipping is crucial these days, you never really know what can happen these days.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What sorry excuses for human beings:censored: I'm horrified to think what would of happened to her without the chip. Since she was aggressive to strangers. But the story has a happy ending. She in the best hands now.
In here all registered dogs must be chipped and all vets can check them and get in contact with you if needed. The owner can be registered as the owner, but at least the breeders info is always in the chip if they haven't.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.