Bringing home pup on Saturday - a few questions...

GeorgiaWheezie

Apr 18, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Hi everyone!

I have been SCOURING this site - I am learning so much, and I am so glad I came across this website - thank you all for your input. I have owned an EB rescue, but she passed 10 years ago from cancer, so this puppy business is new to me.

We are bringing our baby, Georgia, home on Saturday. She will be 8 weeks. I am wondering about the puppy food - the breeder has her on Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula (grain free), but as you can tell from the pics below, it looks like her skin is a bit pink (especially under her chin), so maybe she's having a reaction? I'd love to hear opinions.

I want to put her on Fromm's puppy (either the regular or grain-free), but do I have to buy a bag of whatever they are feeding her to transition her to the new food? Or should I keep her on this current food? I also plan to start her immediately with NuVet vitamins and yogurt/ACV in her food in the morning as well.

With her white face, I am so paranoid about the tear stains. I know there are countless threads on the topic, but if something worked for you right off the bat, please let me know.

Needless to say, my 2 kids (6 & 10) are just SO excited for her to come home. She will be smothered with love, that's for sure. In the time being, my daughter loves to look at all the cute bulldog pics posted in the forum. :)

Thank you in advance for any help - I just want to be on top of any issues.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.jpg5.JPG

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:congrats2::welcome4: to your new puppy and your family! I have been feeding TOTW to all my dogs, since they were pups. If you DO want to switch, you have to do it slowly.NuVet is a good choice for vitamins. Since she is white, her pink skin will show more than other colored dogs. You can help her chin by drying it after she drinks. Puppies sometimes get "puppy acne" on their chins,mainly from wet chins.Be sure to get plenty of nylabones(not edible kind) and do not give any kind of rawhide ever! Enjoy your baby-and don't spoil her too much!! :DIt is so exciting getting a new pup! She is soooooooooo CUTE!!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
She's adorable!!! I feed both of mine TOTW and they do really well with it. My motto is if it isn't broke- don't fix it. BUT- if you do want to switch, then do it slowly and transition. Any time Ive switched (I switched bc mine had a chicken allergy that made her tear stains horrible), I did it over like 2 weeks just to make sure their tummies could tolerate it.
My Penny has a white head- you can just see their skin color easier bc they are white. So with that, it's also easier for them to get sun burnt. So maybe some sunblock would be good to put on her when the suns out and your out playing/walking etc.
Witch hazel is also great to use to wipe their face/wrinkles and chin with.
My kids were also 6 and 10 when we brought our first EB home. They cried! It was. Surprise for them. Then we went back 6 weeks later and got a sibling. Lol - so I now have 11 month old boy/girl siblings, Lockjaw and Penny.
Welcome to the sight!!! Everyone on here are all really great and helpful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:faint: she has a freckled ear :luv: too damn precious! Congrats!

Pink skin.... I would not be too concerned at her age and since she is white, it will show more than other colors do. Food... TOTW is a very good food no need to switch unless you really prefer Fromm.... then I'd go grain free puppy (Prairie Gold, I think it is called). be sure to get stainless steel bowls and keep her chin clean and dry after eating/drinking

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh my goodness gracious...what an ADORA-BULL baby girl you have there! She reminds me so much of my baby boy Tate; very similar coloring and has that big kissing spot on their backside.

Here's a photo of Tate when he was 6wks old--he's the one on the far right.
081.jpg and another of him when is around 10wks old 100_8113.jpg

The white bullies will definitely show a little more pinkish-tinge to their skin so don't worry too much at this point. TOTW is a great food brand.

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
[MENTION=15779]GeorgiaWheezie[/MENTION] I would not start her on everything at once. Maybe one thing every couple weeks or so also start off with a small amount and work your way up. Just something I was instructed to do by my vet. And don't be surprised if she doesn't go for the ACV. Mine would not go anywhere near his food or water, when I tried giving it to him. It has such a strong smell he would not even set foot in the kitchen! I had to stop adding to his kibbles and/or water just so he could eat and drink.
I see a lot of pups on here who like it! I guess it depends on the dog. Good Luck!
She's a doll!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Well, there's not much that I can add to what's already been said except...that's the Fuzziest White Bully Puppy Face I think I've ever seen! Way too cute.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh dear - that is a very cute bulldog pup!

Those pics bring back memories of our first meeting with Castor, when he fell asleep in my son's arms next to me, while the big bulldog father climbed up and sat on my lap as we were having coffee with the breeder!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
:hiya::EBNwelcome::nice2meetu: congrats on your new baby! I agree with the others, TOTW and Fromms are both great, but every bully tolerates them differently. I would at least get a small bag of the TOTW and a small bag of the Fromms and slowly transition if that's what you want to do. Personally I'd probably wait a couple of weeks to see how she adjusts in her new environment but as long as you do the transition slowly you can't go wrong!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone!

I have been SCOURING this site - I am learning so much, and I am so glad I came across this website - thank you all for your input. I have owned an EB rescue, but she passed 10 years ago from cancer, so this puppy business is new to me.

We are bringing our baby, Georgia, home on Saturday. She will be 8 weeks. I am wondering about the puppy food - the breeder has her on Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula (grain free), but as you can tell from the pics below, it looks like her skin is a bit pink (especially under her chin), so maybe she's having a reaction? I'd love to hear opinions.

I want to put her on Fromm's puppy (either the regular or grain-free), but do I have to buy a bag of whatever they are feeding her to transition her to the new food? Or should I keep her on this current food? I also plan to start her immediately with NuVet vitamins and yogurt/ACV in her food in the morning as well.

With her white face, I am so paranoid about the tear stains. I know there are countless threads on the topic, but if something worked for you right off the bat, please let me know.

Needless to say, my 2 kids (6 & 10) are just SO excited for her to come home. She will be smothered with love, that's for sure. In the time being, my daughter loves to look at all the cute bulldog pics posted in the forum. :)

Thank you in advance for any help - I just want to be on top of any issues.

View attachment 97586View attachment 97587View attachment 97588View attachment 97589View attachment 97590

hi, and Welcome to EBN. Oh my goodness Georgia is way too cute, makes me miss the puppy stage, all those wrinkles and smoothie face. Your kids must be so excited. You have been given great advice already and can't go wrong with either food, although some bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken. I'm not sure what the rash is, but it does look like some kind of dermatitis or allergic reaction of some sort, which could be either food related or environmental. If it doesn't clear up, I would have the vet look at it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.