Bully Breed Play

julie1990

Dec 1, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Is it just me or does anyone notice a change in their bulldogs play behavior when they pair up with another bully breed type dog? My girl is a sweet heart and is gentle and loves little dogs but when a bully breed is around it's totally different. She's never done anything wrong but she's always rougher with them.

Julie

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Is it just me or does anyone notice a change in their bulldogs play behavior when they pair up with another bully breed type dog? My girl is a sweet heart and is gentle and loves little dogs but when a bully breed is around it's totally different. She's never done anything wrong but she's always rougher with them.

Julie

Im babysitting my son's 2 pits. Alot like bullies. Nyala is a sweetheart but when the cousins comes around she's a real little S**t disturber. Like the energized bunny with horns. She doesn't stop whatsoever, the other 2 will stop and try to take a break but she will ram into them, pull on the ears, bite there floppy jaws cause she won't allow the to take time out. So I have to split her up so she can learn to take a break. This is like after playing 4 hrs non stop. She's still a pup but I worry in her case cause she was spayed n cherry eye repaired 3 weeks ago. She just doesn't care and still want to go ram them like a little bully. Got to say one thing, at least she moves lol.

Jellyfish

Mar 24, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
I have a Frenchie and an English and their play is totally different from other dogs that I have had. Very rough, very mouthy. My Frenchie is a real instigator. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish play from fighting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not just you.... all our babies were VERY rough with other bully breeds, but either avoiding play with other breeds or were very different in how they did interact.
[MENTION=15669]Jellyfish[/MENTION] ..... you now understand why Chelios has the nickname of 'The Gnat'..... Frechie's are relentless :facepalm:

Jellyfish

Mar 24, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Not just you.... all our babies were VERY rough with other bully breeds, but either avoiding play with other breeds or were very different in how they did interact.
[MENTION=15669]Jellyfish[/MENTION] ..... you now understand why Chelios has the nickname of 'The Gnat'..... Frechie's are relentless :facepalm:
Totally!!! [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.