Vegas went to the Vet this morning.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
As I posted yesterday about is it Pollen or should I do a food change. I have mentioned before how much I LOVE my Vet.

I took Vegas this morning for his anal glands to the Vet. I showed him how red and runny his eyes are and talked about pollen or food. His opinion it is the Pollen, It is out of control this last couple of weeks. On a scale of 1 thru 10 it has been above 10 all week here. He said the food he is on was the best of the best (Thank you EBN) so he gave Vegas a double shot of allergy meds. Cleaned his ears down deep, no infections, and did his glands internally, all for a whooping $30.00 can you believe it? Now here is a vet that is into his animals and not for the money.

Hopefully the shot will help him to not have such runny eyes and itch so bad. I am going to bath him in a little bit.

OOhhh and Vegas is back up to 63 lbs, he has gained two pounds in 4 weeks :confused:...I think it might have been the giant horsefly he chewed up and ate last night!!! :eek:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great to hear that it's not his food ... more like bittersweet to hear, actually. Hopefully pollen season won't last long. Is this a regular occurance or has it only happened this year?

And didn't you know? Horseflies are full of nutrients. lol. j/j. eww.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], I have said many times how much I love my vet, not just because he is more than cheap, he had a double shot, internal anal expression and a deep ear cleaning all for $30. I love him because it is so obvious he loves his animals, the poor man is in his 70's but I think he will do it til the day he dies. He is extremely knowledgeable with bully's and always warns me (like I don't know) about the heat here in Fl. keeping his face clean, etc. Lol....OK now Vegas weighed 63 lbs. for months and months, then dropped to 61 now back up to 63. He has been getting 1 cup a.m. 1 cup p.m. with a snack at bedtime of pumpkin, yogurt, baby carrots, all healthy snacks, Somedays I don't even give him a snack. I think 63 is the ideal weight for him he does have a very slender waiste and little butt.

This was taken about an hour a go so I could show his waiste

Vegas3-3-11006.jpg

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], I have said many times how much I love my vet, not just because he is more than cheap, he had a double shot, internal anal expression and a deep ear cleaning all for $30. I love him because it is so obvious he loves his animals, the poor man is in his 70's but I think he will do it til the day he dies. He is extremely knowledgeable with bully's and always warns me (like I don't know) about the heat here in Fl. keeping his face clean, etc. Lol....OK now Vegas weighed 63 lbs. for months and months, then dropped to 61 now back up to 63. He has been getting 1 cup a.m. 1 cup p.m. with a snack at bedtime of pumpkin, yogurt, baby carrots, all healthy snacks, Somedays I don't even give him a snack. I think 63 is the ideal weight for him he does have a very slender waiste and little butt.

This was taken about an hour a go so I could show his waiste

Vegas3-3-11006.jpg

Oh ok, I was thinking it just shot up, not that he lost then gained it back. I know he is approaching that 2 year mark (adulthood) so I just wanted to mention that so he doesn't continue to gain! He looks so handsome, I love Vegas :heart::bully: He does look very fit and trim! Definitely not fat!

I must say [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I don't see enough pictures of Vegas!!!!!!

Having a vet that cares about the animals is definitely what defines a good vet, not cost. That is so awesome that you have that!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
You know........even at today's gas prices...........I could almost save...........on a road trip to Florida......to see Vegas's Vet for Duke. Weeeeeeeell,
I guess tha the pollen count in Cincinnati is one plus but then with all the rain and snow...... our mold count is probably three times higher. As far as
Vegas's weight.......weeeeeeeeeeeeell I posted this last week to a survey question and I reckon it answered the question permanently cause no one posted after me........:lol:

There is no such thing as an over weight bulldog........only filled out......and pardon me but your bulldog is shutting off circulation to my legs! :lol:
Duke falls in the latter category weighing in at 87.7lbs. What can I say.......He's just twice as big as some bullies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I was gonna say the same as Mike! Road trip! Belly's last trip was $249 :eek: Got a shot of Benadryl,pred,rabies vaccine,kennel cough..and the big spenders were frontline and heartguard... Glad the shots are done!

Hope Vegas gets better! Cassie had bad allergies in the spring and fall for the most part. Didn't know any better but give her benadryl. Your vet sounds fantastic with him!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad to hear, he should be feeling better soon!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.