Dry nose: What should a healthy nose look like?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Fezzik's nose is very dry and scaly on the top near his snout. I usually put coconut oil on it in the mornings. I am wondering if I should apply it more often or if he is reacting to the coconut oil. I have been using vaseline this week to try and see if there is a change.

Could you post pictures of your dog's nose so I can compare? I will try to snap a pic myself but he usually mouths the phone if I get too close.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I don't have a photo but Ruthie's nose is always crusty. I have tried putting everything on it but she just licks it all off, so she just has a crusty, dry nose.
Brutus has a wet nose that never gets crusty.

I do know there is a product called Snout Soother that might work better than coconut oil or vaseline!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
20160303_133255.jpgI would consider Goob's nose healthy but maybe after I see some other pictures, I'll change my mind:whistle:

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
View attachment 97467I would consider Goob's nose healthy but maybe after I see some other pictures, I'll change my mind:whistle:

The front of his nose looks like that, but the top is cracked and dry. I'll try to take pictures when I get home tonight. I spend at least twice as long grooming my dog than I do myself, but he's worth it.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
When access to Kerasolv diminished I switched to Chap Stick.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lambeau and Banks are/were always wet.... but Nitschke and Cheli were/are dry --- I use mushers secret on their nose and it has worked well. Sometimes you have to use a warm cloth to remove the dry/flake and then add the ointment

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I use Burts Bees for dogs on their noses. Frankies is perfect but sometimes Brutus' gets dry. I will try to take a pic of the product when I get home.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had a small can of Tattoo Goo. It is all natural and it works great on dry noses. I don't have to use it very often!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] Noses look great!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My bully has dry nose , I been researching what to put on her. I never heard of Tattoo Goo before. Is that a lotion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My bully has dry nose , I been researching what to put on her. I never heard of Tattoo Goo before. Is that a lotion? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isnt that like a soap to wash tattoos keep area moist? I'll let an expert answer you lol.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Isnt that like a soap to wash tattoos keep area moist? I'll let an expert answer you lol.

No idea lol I googled it , it's to protect the color ink on your body .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.