MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi All!!

Miss Ellie, is happy and acting like any normal 5 mo. old puppy should, however she keeps getting SOME "symptoms" of a UTI, this last time we barely noticed, as she only had ONE accident in the house, and at the time we were doing some and didn't notice she was her "spot" she doesn't BARK AT ALL when she needs to go out, unless she is in her crate at night (which she makes it through the night without having to potty) so the ONLY sign we had this last time was discharge coming out of her "girly" area, so now we have treated #2 and Urinalysis recheck was good, but like the 1st RETEST, there are still extra white blood cells, So this time I decided to get try and get to the bottom of what could possibly be wrong, and we have elected to have an Urine Culture/AND Blood work done (CBC Panel) - Tomorrow (4/14/16)

Side note: Clavamox was used to treat the bacteria, for both infections

SO are there ANY particular questions, I should ask once we get the results??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am not sure, but maybe ask if any crystals are present and what type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi All!!

Miss Ellie, is happy and acting like any normal 5 mo. old puppy should, however she keeps getting SOME "symptoms" of a UTI, this last time we barely noticed, as she only had ONE accident in the house, and at the time we were doing some and didn't notice she was her "spot" she doesn't BARK AT ALL when she needs to go out, unless she is in her crate at night (which she makes it through the night without having to potty) so the ONLY sign we had this last time was discharge coming out of her "girly" area, so now we have treated #2 and Urinalysis recheck was good, but like the 1st RETEST, there are still extra white blood cells, So this time I decided to get try and get to the bottom of what could possibly be wrong, and we have elected to have an Urine Culture/AND Blood work done (CBC Panel) - Tomorrow (4/14/16)

Side note: Clavamox was used to treat the bacteria, for both infections

SO are there ANY particular questions, I should ask once we get the results??

Who's taking the culture sample? You are going to bring her first morning pee or the vet will do it? I know there are different ways to do this just wanted to know who :)

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Who's taking the culture sample? You are going to bring her first morning pee or the vet will do it? I know there are different ways to do this just wanted to know who :)

Hi Helene!! - We have already done the "free catch" so now she is going to need it drawn by needle directly from her blatter, we tried to get it during a regular vet visit, but she didnt have enough in her blatter and she is not a big water drinker and the only time she has a BIG pee is at 5am when she wakes up, so our Vet is Regular Animal hospital, so she is going to be "Admitted" and put on fluids so her blatter fills up, and then they will pull the Urine out, and analyize it

Sorry that was the LONG version :)

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I am not sure, but maybe ask if any crystals are present and what type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Christine!! - Thankfully we have been crystal free since we switched her to bottled water, and Orjien Kibble back in Early February, and I make sure to ask everytime they test her pee :) But I will also ask again for this test, just to be safe :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi Helene!! - We have already done the "free catch" so now she is going to need it drawn by needle directly from her blatter, we tried to get it during a regular vet visit, but she didnt have enough in her blatter and she is not a big water drinker and the only time she has a BIG pee is at 5am when she wakes up, so our Vet is Regular Animal hospital, so she is going to be "Admitted" and put on fluids so her blatter fills up, and then they will pull the Urine out, and analyize it

Sorry that was the LONG version :)

That's what I thought. Just my vet's secretary called it a culture when it was a sample I had to do. Lol

Yes like Christine said ask what kind of crystals if she has any. I just been through all this with Nyala. I read so much on bladder issues and a few post I saw was dogs not drinking a lot. Nyala was also on orijen. Great product! Turns out she never had crystals. She wasn't drinking enough for her kibbles. Was suggested by my breeder to add water to the kibbles so I opt to home cooking instead. She still doesn't drink water throughout the day but home cooking is already moistened cause it's fresh. What I do I add a cup of boiled water to her meal so its like a broth/stew. 2x a day is how she gets her water intake. Im not saying that's what Miss Ellie has but you will find out soon :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.