finding a breeder

rufasim

Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hello all. I am new here and am interested in getting a new bully pup. This will be my first of this breed but not my first dog. I want to make sure that I get a healthy happy dog and not one from a puppy mill. I live in the new england area but am willing to travel some what for the pup. Looking on the interweb there seems to be a large cluster of breeders in the penn area and will travel there. Does anyone know of or can recommend a reputable breeder to me. Looking to pick up the new family member around August due to some medical issues in the family that needs to be dealt with first. Any help on this is more than appreciated.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I will tag some people that might be able to help you out...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck in your search ... a good place to start is on Bulldog Club of America, they will have a list of registered breeders as well as the AKC.... then interview (interrogate) to determine where you want to adopt from

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I know a breeder that her babies are sold here in Canada all the way to Texas.
Her English Bulldogs are all healthy, very well looked after and are Raw feed.

You mentioned you're looking around Aug which will give you plenty of time to do your homework. Ask questions since you're investing in a breed that can be expensive. Be prepared to have a savings account put aside "if" you EB gets sick. Don't let the breed scare you cause of health issues you hear or read. Most of the issues are like in most other breeds. Not only EB have joint issues, allergies, cherry eye, diabetes and more. Pets are like humans, can be genetic issues and foremost im a big believer "You are what you eat". They need more care in grooming cause of wrinkles but you can go buy another breed like Shar Pei and get more wrinkles to clean or tail pocket issue. So all this to say, do your research and when I fell by fluke on this website I was very happy cause these people know their bullies. Just read as much as you can in here and all your questions will be answered. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I got both Ruckus and Regina from the same breeder in Pennsylvania. I really like her.

Last edited by a moderator:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Oops sorry @2bullymamma I broke the rules [emoji853] [MENTION=15760]rufasim[/MENTION] I'll PM you!

OP
R

rufasim

Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I am members of other forums that need a minimum number of posts before you can receive private messages. Is that the case here?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The Bulldog Club of America is a good start to find breeders, also go to a dog show and talk to show breeders. I also know a good breeder in Ohio, that might have some pups, I will check and then PM you.

spectacularone

Apr 9, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winni, Hank, Otis
The Bulldog Club of America is a good start to find breeders, also go to a dog show and talk to show breeders. I also know a good breeder in Ohio, that might have some pups, I will check and then PM you.

This is what I've done. My breeder is a "breeder of merit" and my puppy's dad (and his dad and so on) have all been champions and also been DNA registered. I am concerned with health most of all--buying from the wrong breeder can get you a lifetime of expenses with this breed.

OP
R

rufasim

Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank you all! this has been very helpful. Please keep the breeders names coming. Will make my job easier when it comes time to buy. Seems that there are no puppies available as of now, but that is okay. Thank you once again

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I know of a breeder in Fredericksburg VA that just had a beautiful litter of 7 but that would be a couple hour drive for you... I can PM the info if interested.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.