Grooming Brushes

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi All, just wondering what you type of brush you use, for your baby??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I use a regular hair brush, and when they are shedding, I use the Furminator I is wonderful to get the loose hair. If there are wrinkles, you just have to smooth them out,when you brush!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use the Kong zoom groom.... outside is recommended, it will be like a blizzard of fur once you get started

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
We used to vacuum our other dog, Frith has been too sick to train to the vacuum. Soon though, very soon. Don't vaccuum the head or but areas. use either the dusting brush, or hold your fingers over the tube to prevent the suction from taking the skin. I got the idea a long time ago from watching a video on grooming race horses. The barn vacuumed their horses.... no messy hair. No dust on the horses. We used to do our long hair cat too. Its a pain when we need to vacuum the house though, because the animals all throw themselves in front of it.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Zoom Groom. They both love getting brushed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
ditto, Kong zoom groom. For Murray it also occasionally doubles as a chew toy lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use the Furminator first to loosen up the hairs and then the zoom groom to get the tornado started.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
zoom groom in the bathtub! i might start doing it outside if Lola fancies it, it might give her a reason to want to hang out on the patio with us

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We have a furminator but don't use it very often, I must admit. It's very efficient and Castor doesn't mind it but afterwards he looks like he's got dandruff for a day or two. I never know if I brush him too hard or if that is what it looks like.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Zoom Groom with every bath...works great.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I use the Zoom Groom (outside since it really stirs up the hair but doesn't quite pick it up) and then a self cleaning brush as a follow through to pick up stray hair.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We have a furminator but don't use it very often, I must admit. It's very efficient and Castor doesn't mind it but afterwards he looks like he's got dandruff for a day or two. I never know if I brush him too hard or if that is what it looks like.

I had a furminator which I used a few times on my GS. I swear I was sitting there for hours. GS has double coats but that was ridiculous. I could of continue and still fill up a big bin. After a while I noticed the comb started to do like bald spots and dry skin. My GS had a beautiful coat but just had to be brushed everyday. Well, you know where that expensive comb went! Bullies dont need anything fancy. I have and old one with bristles and on the other side is the little metal spikes which I dont use. Unless she wants a good scratch lol.

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I have a knock off Furminator and then a soft bristle brush, use the bristle brush every day and then the Furminator type brush once a week or so.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online