Elevated Bed Training: How do I get him to go on it?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
My dog is scared of his elevated bed. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting him to go on it?

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] Hi Kim! I just bought one for Joey. I've been training her that the bed is where she can have her FAVORITE antler. I used the antler to train her to "get on your bed" All of Joey's toys and antlers are only out at certain times. She does NOT get them all day, so they remain really special to her and when they go in the closet she knows that its time to "chill"

Does Fezzik have a favorite toy or chewie?

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I've tried putting his toys on top of the bed. He just shies away from it and won't go near the toy. Maybe I will see if it can take my weight. I got him to stop chewing on his bed so much by laying down on it. I think he likes his toys but his best toy is my husband or me.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I've tried putting his toys on top of the bed. He just shies away from it and won't go near the toy. Maybe I will see if it can take my weight. I got him to stop chewing on his bed so much by laying down on it. I think he likes his toys but his best toy is my husband or me.

Not so much PUTTING the toy on top of the bed as him following your command TO GET ON THE BED. No toy until he hops up. Know what I mean? Or treats maybe?

Edited to say: Here is the bed that I got Joey
New Dog Bed.jpg

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] What type of bed did you get? Like this or "sling type" ?

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
[MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] What type of bed did you get? Like this or "sling type" ?

It's like the Coolaroo with a slip cover.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.