Brindle bullies

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Is it me or are the brindle bullies silly, nosy and just nothing but trouble?

I have a white/tan(Ruthie)one that is nothing like the brindle one(Brutus).

Share your different "color" experiences!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala is adorable. Hard head till I raise my voice or stand up but adorable.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Not sure on Brindle, Tyson is mainly all white with small patches of brown and he's always been super chill. Not troublesome at all. Now Nosy - he is the king of Nosy! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Having been the proud papa of 13 bullies over the past 20 years(and fostering upwards of 50...wife has fostered close to 1000), it's been my experience that the quirky, funny, clownish, crazy, DUMB, silly Bully comes in all colors and sizes.
That said, however, I've had the pleasure of knowing some really cute, funny, and entertaining brindle bullies over the years. Lucky me!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Having been the proud papa of 13 bullies over the past 20 years(and fostering upwards of 50...wife has fostered close to 1000), it's been my experience that the quirky, funny, clownish, crazy, DUMB, silly Bully comes in all colors and sizes.
That said, however, I've had the pleasure of knowing some really cute, funny, and entertaining brindle bullies over the years. Lucky me!

Yep fully agree lol , now I have not had as many as that but the ones i have had have all been crazy wonderful Bullies , and all that have passed to the rainbow bridge i still miss very much .

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Funny that you talk about coloring, @JennieS and how they might affect personalities. I remember a veterinarian telling me that she thought bulldogs like Finn (Red in color), were FEISTY, TYPE-A, DOMINEERING, AND RELENTLESS, based on her experiences with them during her career.
Got me thinking that maybe she was onto something!

So Cal Bulldog Rescue Halloween Dressup 095.JPG

Tate, all-white with a few fawn colored spots, is the exact opposite---so laid back and easy going.
IMG_0002.jpg

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Our Betty is blue and white, she's very submissive, gets along with everyone, dogs and people. But she definitely has a stubborn bully naughty streak when she wants to! For example, she will have no interest in playing fetch with you at the dog park, but if someone else is there throwing a ball for their dog, she's off like a rocket to steal the ball (she will bring it back to the correct owner though, she kept outrunning 2 golden retrievers the other night and their owner thought it was hilarious, not all bulldogs are slow!).

She will not divert from her normal walking route, tried to take her on a bit of a longer walk yesterday and she just planted her feet until we carried on the normal way. If she begs while we eat dinner and we tell her to go into her crate, she won't go and when you get up to take her to it, she just lays flat on the floor and won't look you in the eye while you try to pick up her dead weight body and carry her to the crate. But we love her to bits, wouldn't change a thing :)
IMG-20160403-WA0000.jpg

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am not really sure on whether colors are the biggest factor between the Female I had which was black brindle and white or Chunky who is male and white with brown spots.
She was friendly, loyal to me and my oldest niece and protective of just us two but could be a loner at times. Chunky is loving to all people and pets, not very loyal as he would probably take up with anyone and isn't happy unless someone is around. He is also a lot more playful than she was.

Someone had mentioned the difference in male and female temperaments before which kind of fit the difference in Chunky and Dixie so thats why I can't say for sure whether I believe its the coloring or not

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Funny that you talk about coloring, @JennieS and how they might affect personalities. I remember a veterinarian telling me that she thought bulldogs like Finn (Red in color), were FEISTY, TYPE-A, DOMINEERING, AND RELENTLESS, based on her experiences with them during her career.

View attachment 97324

Tate, all-white with a few fawn colored spots, is the exact opposite---so laid back and easy going.

I think your vet was onto something too! All of those adjectives describe Goob who looks a lot like your Finn. That's pretty interesting.20160405_133125.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Banks totally kills that theory! :D

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
nosy, DEFINITELY! Frank is so unlike any other dog I've been around. Some things he does seem so 'human' to me, like he's acting on emotion and not just being a dog. I don't know, it's weird!

Nothing but trouble though... I wouldn't say that. Frank does have his little moments of mischief but for the most part he's very well behaved and and sweet!

frank.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online