Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Green Cow Tripe canned food

I found this today and brought it home to try out. Frith has been on so many antibiotics, and i heard good things about green tripe.

Green Cow® Beef Tripe | Solid Gold | Natural Pet Food | Holistic Pet Products

It stinks to high heaven, almost hurled when I opened th can. But, I had both dogs at my feet waiting. And, as Frith ate her back leg kept stretching out behind her, like when they get a good scratching. This isn't green cow, it is holy cow!

So anyway, anyone ever feed this before? Should it be a once a week thing? Does it really help replace good gut fauna after antibiotics?
    Fritthy

2. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Green Cow Tripe canned food

I have never tried this. I have given them sardines, which they loved-but usually forget to buy them, as I don't eat them! This may be good, as long as your dog has no potato allergy, as it contains potato-I guess as a filler? I give a probiotic and yogurt.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Ive tried it, If you think the canned stinks you gotta try the real deal. I get mine from greentripe.com theres a green tripe group in my area that orders it in bulk so we get it at a discounted rate. This stuff really stinks! But yeah the dogs love it and it is real good for em especially during antibiotics.

Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tyree213 View Post
    Ive tried it, If you think the canned stinks you gotta try the real deal. I get mine from greentripe.com theres a green tripe group in my area that orders it in bulk so we get it at a discounted rate. This stuff really stinks! But yeah the dogs love it and it is real good for em especially during antibiotics.
    Thank you I will look up the link--I think with Frith on antibiotics for almost 90 days now, I have to get something into her to help with good gut flora and bone growth.
    Fritthy

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Yeah I would do that and it wouldnt hurt to get some powdered probiotics that contain a prebiotic and digestive enzymes. You can find one on amazon.

Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tyree213 View Post
    Yeah I would do that and it wouldnt hurt to get some powdered probiotics that contain a prebiotic and digestive enzymes. You can find one on amazon.
    We have Wysong "C-Biotic"--but like dog food it is processed--so I started looking at tripe. I also found a "digestive aid" dog food (Holistic Select)--the vet put Frith on Royal Canine easy digest canned, then I actually looked at the ingredients and was horrified. I apologized and switched. I am just really worried about 90 days as a puppy on antibiotics and overall bone and joint growth (she is only 6 months old).
    Fritthy

Remove Ads