Real Name
    John DeVeaux
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jupiter
    Likes (Received)

Default Catching up...

So I've been out of pocket the past couple of weeks but felt I should update everyone on Jupiter and how she is making our life interesting.

Left for scout event last weekend and wife calls on Saturday to tell me Jupiter is very sick! (Blowing out from both ends) So pack up and get back to meet her at vet. Over night stay, drugs, every test possible and we still don't know why but she was fine.

Monday morning, Jupiter loves June Bugs (in Texas March is June), and I find her munching away on something that turned out to be a wasp! Dad is highly allergic so I'm glad I looked before I tried to grab it from her; mom took care of the wasp. Dad took care of getting benadryl into her. Again she was fine.

She has definitely picked up on her energy level too and constant play and constant humor.

Today's brilliant picture of Jupiter abusing her sister.

-sitting-stellas-head-jpg

So that is our synopsis. Today I leave town for another scouting event so hopefully we'll avoid any urgent phone calls.

Have a wonderful weekend.
    -John

Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Catching up...

OH MY!! Jupiter has had quite the excitement, glad she is doing better, I just hate when they don't feel well, and we take them to the doc, and they test and DONT find anything wrong.

I have had couple episodes with Ellie, Once she puked bile twice in one day, then she got lots of rest was fine the next day, then the very next week (few days prior to mom and day leaving for a week long trip) she gets diarhea, and back to the Vet we go, tests for parasites come back negative, give probiotic and some pumpkin and have been fine ever since!! - Now if we could JUST fix her UTI troubles (just finished meds for #2) I would be one happy Momma

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

3. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Happened to Penny once also. Didn't even have her a month and we thought she ate a mushroom outside. She puked bile, extremely lethargic. Emergency vet and $400 later blood work comes back fine, and she's running around the room by the end of the night. She's been fine since.
    The things we do for our sweet babies and the stress they put us through! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

5. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

She's gotta keep things interesting, and keep you on your toes!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

7. Likes CCandMurray, jdeveaux liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

The attitude, mischievous and FRECKLES..... I can't stand the cuteness...... I'll PM my address so is she ever needs sitting I'm always available..... it is only about a 20 hour drive, one way... right
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes Texas Carol, Manydogs, CCandMurray liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Natural Remedies that Work
    Rather than attacking the problem with antibiotics, which can lead to undesirable side effects, there are several herbal remedies that are effective at treating urinary tract infections in pets.
    Juniper berry works very well when it comes to severe urinary tract infections. It's a herb known for increasing the rate at which the kidneys filter out impurities, and therefore, increase urine production.
    Parsley leaf is an effective diuretic that can aid in the elimination of waste. And, in addition to being highly nutritious, parley leaves have antiseptic qualities that are great for treating urinary tract infections.
    Uva Ursi leaf is one of the most powerful natural astringents available. Holistic veterinarians use it to attack a variety of pathogens that are often the cause of UTIs. It can stop bleeding and reduce the inflammation associated with these infections.
    Marshallow root works wonderfully when there's inflammation in the urinary tract. It stimulates the immune system and attacks bacteria that cause these infections, while also soothing the body and reducing irritation.
    Cranberry or Blueberry will prevent the bacteria from attaching to the lining of the urinary tract and is great for the prevention of recurrent infections.
    Supplementation with B vitamins and antioxidants in times of stress, as well as offering cooling foods such as raw fruits, vegetables, and yogurt will reduce the symptoms of urinary tract infection.
    Final Thoughts
    Urinary tract infections in pets are serious, so you definitely want to get your dog to the vet as soon as symptoms arise in order to get a clear diagnosis and begin treatment. Whether your pet's UTI is caused by bacteria, fungi, parasites, or crystals, there are many natural remedies you can try if you wish to avoid harsh conventional treatments. @MFrey2012
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

11. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like what happens at our house, especially when we are planning to go somewhere… Lol

Our Bella LOVED to try and eat bees, wasps, you name it… BUT she would swell up like a balloon. I can't tell you HOW many times we had to rush her to the vets because of facial swelling. They definitely can keep life interesting…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

13. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Omg Jupiter is growing up so fast!!! She's such a cutie pie! So sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well and glad to hear she's doing better now!

15. Likes jdeveaux liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad she is feeling better and causing mischief! That picture is priceless!!!
    My smooshy face boy!

Bully Buttler Become a 4 Paw Member jdeveaux's Avatar
    Real Name
    John DeVeaux
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jupiter
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    Omg Jupiter is growing up so fast!!! She's such a cutie pie! So sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well and glad to hear she's doing better now!
    21.8 lbs today
    -John

Remove Ads