Puppy Comparison Around 5 mmonth Old Puppy

LouLanaro

Mar 31, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Hi All

For those of us raising our first Bulldog; It would be a great idea to have a thread for monthly life stages for pups.
For Example my puppy is almost 5 months old and it would be great if owners of similar age puppy would post a picture of their pup at that age plus some categories.
That way it would tell us new puppy owners how we are doing and make better decisions related to growth/Exercise/supplements at all life stages. And more experiences Bulldog owners could provide great advice since they have gone through it

I will start with Harley and hope some with similar age puppies will weigh in.

Categories:
Name: Harley
Weight:40lbs
Food: Nutrience Subzero Red all life stages made in Canada
Treats: Home made dehydrated ground Beef/turkey/chicken strips, Soft Treat: Crackers and sardine recipe from dog trainer at puppy school
Health: Cherry Eye being treated by me and using optixcare gel lubricant from Vet 4 times daily and massage gently in Eye. Cherry eye has not popped out now in 6 days
Stress: Behavior that cause him stress is wanting to bite feet aggressively now at biting stage, Change from slow feeder causing stress trying to eat; I use water in kibble;aids in slower eating
Training: Going to puppy school ad doing great, Learning to socialize;sit;Stare in my eye;walk on my left ; Holding before getting treat.
Stairs: Easily goes up and down stairs
Supplements: FortiFlora probiotics instead of yogurt as suggested by Vet , boiled egg, omega 3-6-9 gel capsule once per day as suggested by Vet
Folds: Used to use plain baby wipes Vest suggested Malcetic wipes

That's all I can think of in categories but sure there are other.
PICTURE AT 4 MONTHS 3 WEEK.

harley5monthold.JPG

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I'll be watching this thread...because I like PUPPIES!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie 5 Mos.jpg

Name: Ellie
Weight: 28lbs
Food: Orijen Puppy made in Canada
Treats: Frutables Soft Treat: Fresh Pet - Dog Food, Broken into Peices for training
Health: Battling UTI's - just finished second round of Clavamox - Fingers crossed this is our last one.
Stress: New Noises - particularly Sliding Noises
Training: Going to puppy school and doing great, Earned AKC Puppy Certificate!! Now moving on to Learning for her Pre CGC AKC Certificate - Goes to Daycare, and LOVES IT
Stairs: Easily goes up and down stairs
Supplements: Just has Plain canned pumpkin, need to get on a good probiotic
Folds: Cleanse with Witch Hazel

Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
image.jpeg

Name: Georgia (Gigi for short)
Weight: 17lbs
Food: Acana Pork and Butternut Squash
Treats: freeze dried yogurt chips, baby carrots, green beans, banana, organic toddler sweet potato puffs
Health: ongoing difficult case of pneumonia, she's on 2 antibiotics, prednisone, a bronchial dilator, and Pepcid.
Stress: loud unexpected noises
Training: Just started some fun puppy classes, that she totally loves. Couldn't start earlier because of her sickness:(
Supplements: canned pumpkin, yogurt, need to get on some omegas
Folds: Douxo chlorhexidine wipes

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Categories:
Name: Frith
Weight: 40 pounds
Food: breeder fed purina, we switched to Blue Buffalo until Feb. Vet put on RC canned easy digest because of MegaE, in the last month have switched to Fromm and Holistic Select
Treats: not allowed
Health: Mega-esophagus (brought on by Nexguard), and complications of aspiration pneumonia since first week in February
Stress: this dog is so chill--stress is not in her vocabulary--unless we go to bed without putting her in it first. She does NOT sleep on the floor or in a box.
Training: Finished basic training (but at the bottom of the class). I think they were practicing "no puppy left behind"--we are working on training slowly, but she walks on the leash well, and comes when called.
Stairs: Stairs were conquered at 12 weeks--she couldn't be out done by a mini schnauzer.
Supplements: Wysong C-Biotic; Sea Jerky (sea cucumber formula for hips and joints); wild Alaska salmon oil; raw honey; coconut oil, pepsid, and lots of antibiotics (yuck)
Folds: plain hypoallergenic baby wipes and anmpharm cucumber melon earwash

you can see she isn't much taller than the mini schnauzer--but she is twice as wide

sleepy frith.JPG.frith 6 mos.JPG frith and finn.JPG

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
View attachment 97268

Name: Georgia (Gigi for short)
Weight: 17lbs
Food: Acana Pork and Butternut Squash
Treats: freeze dried yogurt chips, baby carrots, green beans, banana, organic toddler sweet potato puffs
Health: ongoing difficult case of pneumonia, she's on 2 antibiotics, prednisone, a bronchial dilator, and Pepcid.
Stress: loud unexpected noises
Training: Just started some fun puppy classes, that she totally loves. Couldn't start earlier because of her sickness:(
Supplements: canned pumpkin, yogurt, need to get on some omegas
Folds: Douxo chlorhexidine wipes

I feel your pain with the pneumonia--The best advice I got was from an online video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA0XBCizIg8)--we put Frith in the bathroom three times a day for about 15 minutes each time for the first week, and then every time her breathing gets bad--shower going hot. Great steam bath--allows her to breath, lungs open and gets the phlegm out.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala
Weight: 35ish lbs
Food: Started with Orijen puppy, at 5 months put her on adult Orijen cause gaining weight too fast, now on homemade cooking
Treats: 100% grain free ingredient treats: liver, pumpkin, wild meats
Health: Tucked in cherry eye while being spayed 2 weeks ago, crystals in urine why she's on home cooking.
Stress: Not much stresses her. Unless there is a massive noise she'll jump, listen and follow the noise. Curious Nyala
Training: She really does listen. At times she'll look at you and continue on her way like ignorance. I'll raise my voice and she'll come running cause she knows best. Lol...I walk n train with a choker. She has a tendency to jump on people which is corrected on the spot. Overall she's doing well for her age. They are bullies harder to train.
Supplements: Coconut oil, salmon oil/cod, cranberry
Folds/Skin/Hygiene: She's a mini bulldog don't have hugh wrinkles like EB but I clean with baby wipes unscented. I clean her tail pocket, her ears everyday and once a week her body. Rub her with coconut oil all over her body after wiping her down. Cut nails every 2 weeks.

Im free of the cone of shame.jpgYum yum.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.