Thread: Please advise- doctors seem unsure

Potty Trainer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    KINGSTON
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please advise- doctors seem unsure

@Pennyblossom I started using organic, unrefined, cold -pressed virgin coconut oil, I found at my local discount grocery store (Aldi's) when my bully began losing his fur due to D-mange. I started off with 1 tsp everyday for a week, then 2 tsp a day the following wk and so on until he was up to 1 tbl everyday. I continued this for about 2 months. Just recently I cut back to 1 tbl every other day and plan on introducing him to yogurt very soon. I give it to him in one of his toys or he will eat it right off the spoon. You can also mix it in his food, mine did not like it in his food. I would also rub coconut oil on him, esp on his bald spots everyday which I still do, just not as often. He has since grown all his fur back and is mange free! He was approx. 4 months when all this started and is going on 8 months now. His vet is against me giving him anything but his kibbles and vitamins, so I have to be very careful on what I give him. He does well with the coconut oil and eggs. He gets 1/2 a boiled egg daily, which I mix in his morning kibbles.
    As far as allergies, my vet did tell me environmental allergies usually don't start until they're about a yr old. Hope this info help! And wishing your baby gets better soon.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

fleas can cause hot spots.. i know this very well, i have 4 english bulldogs and one of them i think must be allergic to fleas because if one bites her then she has a hotspot.. keep hotspot medicine on hand because they cant get big very fast..

4. Likes chitownbully liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    KINGSTON
    Likes (Received)

@punky what kind of hotspot meds do you recommend?

Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

try local honeyor local bee polen for allergies. i had a link on another post to an article that opened my eyes to the benefits of honey
    Fritthy

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

sorry just seen your message,, i use the hotspot medicine i get from local store,, it works great.. i get it from out farm and tractor store here but i have seen it other places..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads