any advice welcome

charlotte

Apr 5, 2016
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
rossi
Hi
I wondered if anyone had any advice or had similar situation and could help me.
our bulldog rossi turned two in febuary. We went on holiday for a week three weeks ago (he came with us) but since arriving home he has stopped telling us if he needs to go out to poo in the night. Before our holiday it was only a couple of times a month he needed to go out in the night but now is going on our carpet atleast every other night. We have moved his dinner earlier and make sure he goes out before we go to bed but hasn't helped. Does anyone have any advice that I could try. Thanks in advance

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be you need to re-train him, sometimes they just fall out of the schedule/routine...... make a big deal about going outside and maybe give a treat (after he goes) and as hard as it is.... try to NOT make any acknowledgment of the accident in the house. any attention is attention to a dag... so ignore him when he does it and just take him out then clean up the mess.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would also agree that he needs to go back to basic training. Is he having issues any other time of the day and was he fully trained with no accidents before? Did you recently change his food or treats? If so, maybe it's not agreeing with him.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Could be you need to re-train him, sometimes they just fall out of the schedule/routine...... make a big deal about going outside and maybe give a treat (after he goes) and as hard as it is.... try to NOT make any acknowledgment of the accident in the house. any attention is attention to a dag... so ignore him when he does it and just take him out then clean up the mess.

Well said and agree fully , been there and done that

OP
charlotte

charlotte

Apr 5, 2016
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
rossi
Thank you so much for your replies. No changes with his food and it is just at night so we will get basics! Thanks again

Most Reactions