Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: SOOOO Frustrated right now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    How our little lockjaw today? Any improvement or same?

Nyala was playing outside got piece of grass in good eye. Was trying to get it out but after what happened with your was thinking it will come out on its own. Not going to provoke good eye.
    Awwww! Did it come out?!? You can always add some plain eye drops to try to flush it out.
    He is the same. The cherry comes out- I massage it back in. Initially it was just a small part- now it looks like it did before the surgery . Soooo, unless the vet can seriously talk me out of tacking it again, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to have her remove it this time.
    I was reading more about it and while the cherry is out- it prevents proper tear production anyway. He was like that for 6 months and we never had an issue with any signs of dry eye or irritation.
    I don't want to risk going through this again.
    How's Nyala doing?!?
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

I've had Brett's removed as well. Recovery time was pretty quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    Awwww! Did it come out?!? You can always add some plain eye drops to try to flush it out.
    He is the same. The cherry comes out- I massage it back in. Initially it was just a small part- now it looks like it did before the surgery . Soooo, unless the vet can seriously talk me out of tacking it again, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to have her remove it this time.
    I was reading more about it and while the cherry is out- it prevents proper tear production anyway. He was like that for 6 months and we never had an issue with any signs of dry eye or irritation.
    I don't want to risk going through this again.
    How's Nyala doing?!?
    Nyala is great thank you. But with your posts of lockjaw it like keeps me on high alert to. Plus that piece of grass I just didn't want to play around with that. All I was thinking the good eye willl pop a cherry eye.

Had a question, with all the research you did, does it say anywhere after 2yrs of age EVEN if the dog had cherry eye issue under 2, will it always follow them after 2? I know 2 is not a fix precise age but like around 2ish ....curious

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Nyala is great thank you. But with your posts of lockjaw it like keeps me on high alert to. Plus that piece of grass I just didn't want to play around with that. All I was thinking the good eye willl pop a cherry eye.

Had a question, with all the research you did, does it say anywhere after 2yrs of age EVEN if the dog had cherry eye issue under 2, will it always follow them after 2? I know 2 is not a fix precise age but like around 2ish ....curious
    They say that it is more common in them 2 and under. The more they grow- it helps keep everything in place.
    I would probably guess that it's always a possibility that the cherry eye could pop out- (like with trauma or really rough play( but the older they get, it's less likely.
    I'm glad to hear she's doing so well! Hers doesn't look swollen. Lockjaws still looked swollen almost the whole time. I'm sorry for worrying you.
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulldogsstuff View Post
    I've had Brett's removed as well. Recovery time was pretty quick

Did you have them removed initially or after a failed tack? How long has it been since his has been removed.
    It's so funny- everything you research it says everywhere hat removing is horrible. But I see more and more people have chosen to remove and haven't had any issues and an all around good experience.

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Did you have them removed initially or after a failed tack? How long has it been since his has been removed.
    It's so funny- everything you research it says everywhere hat removing is horrible. But I see more and more people have chosen to remove and haven't had any issues and an all around good experience.
    His vet decided to just removed the gland the first time. It's been over a year ago and no problems occurred. No dry eyes. Thank goodness

7. Likes Corine Pesantes, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

So my husband is home today and when we went to let the dogs out- he calls me and says that Lockjaw's cherry eye is out again!!!! UGH!!! The vet that did the surgery is out this week- won't be back until Monday, so I'll have to wait till then to talk to her about what to do next and when to do it.
    Now I'm wondering if I should just have it removed?!? I don't want to put him through another surgery- not to mention more $- and it still may pop back out.
    I'm so confused and frustrated right now.

How's our trooper? What did the vet say?

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

How's our trooper? What did the vet say?
    Hey! She's actually out sick. They said she will hopefully be back on Wednesday.
    Now my poor baby has been vomiting. I got home to vomit in his kennel - I just thought he may have gagged a little bc there wasn't much in his crate. Then he threw up his dinner - 3xs. Each time was a little less (I'm assuming emptying his stomach). Then threw up his water, I tried giving him a little rice and pumpkin and he's thrown that up just a few minutes ago.
    I'll be staying home with him tomorrow to see how he does.
    My poor guy. He's sleeping now. So fingers crossed this passes through him quickly. I can't really think of a reason why he'd be like this.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Poor lockjaw and poor momma sending healing thoughts prayers and hugs your way

11. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

On Wednesday, tell that vet she's not allowed to be sick when it comes to Lockjaw. Being home tomorrow, im sure the little guy will feel better. Much easier to keep an eye out on them.

13. Likes Corine Pesantes, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

On Wednesday, tell that vet she's not allowed to be sick when it comes to Lockjaw. Being home tomorrow, im sure the little guy will feel better. Much easier to keep an eye out on them.
    I know right!!! On the bright side- his cherry eye has been in more than its out. If it comes out- it's been going in on its own, or it stays in when I massage it.

Well he went all night without throwing up- I slept with him in the living room- lol. I gave him a very small hand full of rice about 2 hours ago and he drank some water about 40 mins ago and he's held that down. Meanwhile being very active and playing with Penny. I'm praying he just ate some grass or something and it passing through him.
    Thank you to everyone for the prayers!

15. Likes TyTysmom, CCandMurray liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Wow, what a miserable day for LJ. I hope he continues to get better. Keep the water coming in small quantity...he needs to drink!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads