EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: SOOOO Frustrated right now!!!

I'm so sorry… we used to be able to massage Bella's back in. I hope that you don't have anymore issues w/it...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

2. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Oh Corine! I feel your pain!!! I found this info on dogster.com, this is the technique my vet used for Murray 'In other cases, a veterinary surgeon may find the connective tissue too weak to cradle the gland properly. In situations like these, the surgeon will attempt to create a new pocket or envelope to hold it in place permanently.' I hope it stays back in for you guys!

4. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    His has been out since Oct. Initially I could massage it, then eventually it just wouldn't stay in. That's why we chose to tack it back when we neutered him. I am going to massage it back in tonight when I get home. I will try the allergy meds though. He hasn't really shown any issues with allergies - but at this point, i'll try anything. Thank you!!
    His surgery hasn't been that long might be still sensitive. Man im praying Nyala's stays in. I feel for you cause I really don't want to go through that crap again. My vet said he will fix it for free if it comes out but who wants 2nd surgery? I do and nor does she im sure. Bummer!

6. Likes CCandMurray, Corine Pesantes liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    His surgery hasn't been that long might be still sensitive. Man im praying Nyala's stays in. I feel for you cause I really don't want to go through that crap again. My vet said he will fix it for free if it comes out but who wants 2nd surgery? I do and nor does she im sure. Bummer!
    The vet that did his surgery is out this week so I won't even be able to discuss anything until Monday. It keeps going in and out. It's definitely still sensitive for him. His eye drops Irritate it for sure. I got some allergy drops yesterday and give him those a little after I give him the antibiotic drops and that seems to help calm everything down.
    I think you might be better off than me as Nyala had JUST popped her cherry eye. Lockjaws has been out for about 6 months.
    I thought I was doing the right thing by waiting until his neuter to fix it. Ugh- I guess there's really no right answer.
    I really don't want to put him through another surgery to try to fix it again- and then a possible 3rd it it fails again.
    I might just have them remove it. I don't know- I'm still a little undecided. I want what's best for him and that's a hard decision.
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    Oh Corine! I feel your pain!!! I found this info on dogster.com, this is the technique my vet used for Murray 'In other cases, a veterinary surgeon may find the connective tissue too weak to cradle the gland properly. In situations like these, the surgeon will attempt to create a new pocket or envelope to hold it in place permanently.' I hope it stays back in for you guys!
    Thank you!!!! I'm leaning towards them removing it to avoid another possible fail- but I have to wait until Monday to talk to the vet as she's out this week. Ugh- such a hard decision.
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

9. Likes CCandMurray, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

The vet that did his surgery is out this week so I won't even be able to discuss anything until Monday. It keeps going in and out. It's definitely still sensitive for him. His eye drops Irritate it for sure. I got some allergy drops yesterday and give him those a little after I give him the antibiotic drops and that seems to help calm everything down.
    I think you might be better off than me as Nyala had JUST popped her cherry eye. Lockjaws has been out for about 6 months.
    I thought I was doing the right thing by waiting until his neuter to fix it. Ugh- I guess there's really no right answer.
    I really don't want to put him through another surgery to try to fix it again- and then a possible 3rd it it fails again.
    I might just have them remove it. I don't know- I'm still a little undecided. I want what's best for him and that's a hard decision.
    You are right there is no right answer. As they say, damm you do and damm you dont. You're not the only one that thought of "do it while he's getting neutered" I did too plus it's the vet said the same thing and we take the advantage of saving money by doing it that way. I know some will say don't get them excited and all but that's like telling a 2yr old not allowed to play. For Lockjaw to have removed his cone on his own in a crate, he must of put a lot of pressure on his neck/head area as these cones are tied down really good. But heh, that's bullies for you. It's hard to make any right decision but I think you already did.

11. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

So my husband is home today and when we went to let the dogs out- he calls me and says that Lockjaw's cherry eye is out again!!!! UGH!!! The vet that did the surgery is out this week- won't be back until Monday, so I'll have to wait till then to talk to her about what to do next and when to do it.
    Now I'm wondering if I should just have it removed?!? I don't want to put him through another surgery- not to mention more $- and it still may pop back out.
    I'm so confused and frustrated right now.
    Any and all opinions welcome PLEASE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brutus had both eyes tucked initially and one of them failed. He did have to have it removed but my vet did a great job. 3 yrs later and we have no problems with dry eye or anything. My vet also only charged me for anesthesia for the second procedure. good luck
    My smooshy face boy!

13. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Brutus had both eyes tucked initially and one of them failed. He did have to have it removed but my vet did a great job. 3 yrs later and we have no problems with dry eye or anything. My vet also only charged me for anesthesia for the second procedure. good luck
    Oh thank you for saying that!
    Did you try to repair the tack or just removed it? And what brought you to that decision?

Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Oh thank you for saying that!
    Did you try to repair the tack or just removed it? And what brought you to that decision?
    We just removed it because our vet said if it failed so soon after surgery it will continue to fail. His other eye never failed and is still only tucked. I felt like just do it and get it over with. I did not want to put him under to try tucking it again if there was any chance of it continuing to fail. At least I knew that by removing it, it would ensure that this would be the last time he need anesthesia for it. he has absolutely no issues with his eyes now. and you cannot tell one is tucked and the other is removed.
    My smooshy face boy!

16. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

This is him now and honestly I couldn't be happier with our decision. You cannot tell which eye has it and which doesnt.-screenshot_2016-04-05-10-55-20-png
    My smooshy face boy!

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    This is him now and honestly I couldn't be happier with our decision. You cannot tell which eye has it and which doesnt.-screenshot_2016-04-05-10-55-20-png
    That is exactly what I was thinking. I don't want to run the risk of t failing again. The more I look into and trunk about it - I'm more drawn to just removing it. Thank you! You made me feel better. Lol

He looks absolutely beautiful!! That's all I want for my boy.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

That is exactly what I was thinking. I don't want to run the risk of t failing again. The more I look into and trunk about it - I'm more drawn to just removing it. Thank you! You made me feel better. Lol

He looks absolutely beautiful!! That's all I want for my boy.
    How our little lockjaw today? Any improvement or same?

Nyala was playing outside got piece of grass in good eye. Was trying to get it out but after what happened with your was thinking it will come out on its own. Not going to provoke good eye.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads