Doggy Door--Good Idea?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
On a somewhat related/unrelated note, has anyone seen the Amazon prime commercial with the mini horse and the doggy door? Hilarious stuff! I don't have a doggy door and don't think I'd get one unless I had a house with like a small fenced in porch, even then that would be supervised.

Oh my gosh yes! I was so sad for him, it was so sad until the very end [emoji16][emoji3][emoji5]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
On a somewhat related/unrelated note, has anyone seen the Amazon prime commercial with the mini horse and the doggy door? Hilarious stuff! I don't have a doggy door and don't think I'd get one unless I had a house with like a small fenced in porch, even then that would be supervised.

Funny was thinking of that. Lol

I have a newer 6foot fence with extra latches on both gates cause of my GS was an aggressive dog. I do use the latches for Nyala in case someone comes in and she licked them to death. Hahahaha.... i am always outside with her. From spring to late fall im more outside than inside. I work from home. Not a big house person. :)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I have one, but I go out with Elmo in the Summer months to wait for him to do his business, then I make him come back inside, he loves the sun, he lays in back of our recliners in front of the glass sliding door to enjoy the sun. The summer months I do get nervous about the doggie door, but my Husband and I always watch him and he is not out very long, only to do his business.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Personally for a bully, I do not like doggie doors. my boys have made their own doggie door out of our screen slider and they can go in and out but I always go out with them. I would not feel comfortable with the idea of them having free range of the outdoors. And with a bob cat sighting? They would be going on pee pee pads! lol (not really, but you understand my neurosis, I would at least have a big stick, gun, knife, etc....)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], I got a doggy door for my 3 dogs last year and for the most part, I love it because it has eliminated our getting up and down constantly letting someone out and in. Mine has a slat that you can insert and lock, which is what we do when we leave the house or when we want them to stay in for some reason, i.e., the yard mowers are mowing. Winnie doesn't ever stay out long enough to get overheated--all three of my guys stay in most of the time and follow me around.

There are a couple of things I don't like about the doggy door: I never know exactly when my yard mowers are going to show up and I know if the dogs hear them first (which has never happened) they will run out there. Also, sometimes I would like to put the slat in the doggy door to keep them outside for a while, but they run and chase each other in and out so fast that I'm afraid someone will forget the slat is in the door, try to run in at full speed and break their neck!

Overall, I'm glad I got it.

Members online

No members online now.