Looking for slow feeder recommendation

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hello everyone :) I'm looking for any recommendations you might have for a slow feeder. Murray gulps down his food way too fast and I'm thinking a slow feeder might help. Thanks in advance :)

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Thank you [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]!! I have what may seem like a ridiculous question to ask...do they try to eat the ball or could they choke on the ball?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thank you @cali baker!! I have what may seem like a ridiculous question to ask...do they try to eat the ball or could they choke on the ball?

Not a ridiculous question at all; the ball is really too large for it to be a choking hazard and mine never chewed on it. I've tried the porcelain ball but when i dropped it, it broke and that's mainly why i recommend the stainless steel one.

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Thank you so much!!!!! I just ordered it :)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
A breeder years ago told me to try big, smooth river rocks--same principle. It is nice to know they make things now that accomplish slowing the piggies down!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Thanks so much for all the responses! I just feel like Murray inhales his food too quick and he gets the burps and sometimes gas (tmi I know) after so I'm hoping the ball will help!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
In the interim, you might also try a large baking pan and spread the food out. It might get a little messy but they have to work a little harder than if it's heaped into a bowl.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
We picked this up due too Gobble Gut Rosie and her mad dash to consume her food , We got it our local pet store now a lot we looked at slid around on the floor easily and as you know Bulldogs jaws are different from other dogs and the way they get there food to mouth is also different which causes the bowl any bowl to slide around the floor easy and i would think drive them crazy would Me lol. We were very careful to pick a bowl that would not slide around , we also picked plastic due to teeth ware caused by metal bowls and putting a stone or rock smooth or not might not be a great thing either = chipped teeth or worn teeth. The the reason you are buying the bowl is to slow them down and the stone or not they will still go aggressive at the food in the bowl slow feeder or not , all this bowl does is slow down how much they get in there mouth at one time . Think we paid less then 15 CDN for it
001.JPG002.jpg 1st pick is bottom 2nd is top , on the bottom pic you cans the little rubber feet I guess you call em knobs that slow it from sliding around , hope this helps Carolyn.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks so much for all the responses! I just feel like Murray inhales his food too quick and he gets the burps and sometimes gas (tmi I know) after so I'm hoping the ball will help!

banks was like this.... I just add some water to the kibble which forced her to 'lap' instead of inhale the food

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
banks was like this.... I just add some water to the kibble which forced her to 'lap' instead of inhale the food
Murray is such a little piggy, he could not drink for hours but then when he decides he wants to drink he can lap it up almost as quickly as he can eat! The ball seemed to slow him down a bit, my boyfriend fed him with it tonight with dinner I didn't actually see him until later but I noticed the licking was significantly less and he said the burping was less! I am hopeful this is progress :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online